Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Florida Powerboat Club Key West Poker Run At 230 Boats, Cigarette Title Sponsor >

Florida Powerboat Club Key West Poker Run At 230 Boats, Cigarette Title Sponsor

Notices

Florida Powerboat Club Key West Poker Run At 230 Boats, Cigarette Title Sponsor

Old 10-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

This will be our first time. Can anybody shed some light on what the day typically looks like as far as stops and starting/ending times? We rented a sailboat to stay on the week of the races in the same marina as where our boat will be (Key West Bight Marina). We will return on Monday. Are there many that do that? How about some fun runs during the week? We have a 28 Skater.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
This will be our first time. Can anybody shed some light on what the day typically looks like as far as stops and starting/ending times? We rented a sailboat to stay on the week of the races in the same marina as where our boat will be (Key West Bight Marina). We will return on Monday. Are there many that do that? How about some fun runs during the week? We have a 28 Skater.
I don’t have the answers to your questions but overall I think you nailed it!! You will have a blast!
The following 2 users liked this post by J-Bonz:
36Tango (10-09-2021), thisistank (10-10-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 09:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
if I recall from the 2019 run (I skipped 2020)….we leave Haulover Marine Center about 10amish. First card stop is Grove Harbor Marina. That does not take that long to get to. From there you go down the bay and through the mangroves. After the mangroves end you’ll see Gilbert’s for lunch. Generally that’s from 11-1. After that you run down the inside channel of the keys (best part of the run in my opinion) and then pickup a card outside Faro Blanco. We usually get there around 2ish. Roll out from there, go under the 7 mile bridge to head out the ocean. Hammer down for the last 40 miles and pull into KW around 3-4. You can go inside the last 40 miles but I’ve heard it’s tricky All times I’ve mentioned are dependent on weather/water conditions/fuel.
The following users liked this post:
36Tango (10-09-2021)