Notices

Was Power Boat right

Old 11-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is king of the hill racing.

The fastest boat wins. Next year they should have a special class for unlimited hydroplanes. Realistically they should have one for piston and one for turbine powerplants. If Bud was the fastest at the event this year, they won. Tough luck!!
Old 11-21-2002, 05:03 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with T2x........

The shootout didn't have any rules against full-blown race boats, even though many feel it spoiled the "spirit of the contest".

But the 'spirit' of the LOTO Shootout was orginally about the fastest offshore-style "Lake of the Ozark" typical kind of hull.

So, I think expen$ive turbines -- no matter what kind of hull they are mounted to -- equally damages the "spirit of the contest" too.

Powerboat had an obligation to put the Miss Bud on the cover. They promised; and they held true to their promise no matter how much heat they got for doing it. (However, Callan got plenty of press, including a two-page spread inside that same issue)

The best solution to avoid this kind of anger in the future is for the Shootout to make some changes in the rules.

If they don't, Warby may just show up and take all the dough....

Go get 'em, Ken --- http://www.kenwarby.com :P

Last edited by BK; 11-21-2002 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:16 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did they change the starting line procedure for the Bud boat?
Old 11-21-2002, 05:20 PM
Registered

Default The Way I See It

I have missed the last several Shootouts...Went to the one about 4 years ago. There was a Skater that "WON" the shootout and Mrs Bud made some passes, but never stole the thunder of that fast skater being "King"

Now that a boat came along to beat some Alzheimers Busch sponsored boat and All Of A Sudden....Mrs Bud Now enters the Shoot-out..WTF

This seems unprecedented to me and I don't think many people realize that Mrs Bud always has made passes at this event, as an exhibition,never entered, yet one of her *****es gets beat so now all of a sudden it is in the "Race"

Seems like B.S. to me

Geeter
Old 11-21-2002, 05:23 PM
Registered

I think they even advertised the fact that Mrs Bud was there for Exhibition Status only...
Old 11-21-2002, 05:28 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

BFD !!!!
Old 11-21-2002, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Its Time for a OSO sponsored boat we all pitch in 100 bucks
if half of us do this we should generate a few Million
Old 11-21-2002, 05:38 PM
Registered

Man, other than the manatee issue, I don't think I've ever seen something get everyone's panties in a bunch like this. David Scott and Callan didn't spend any less than the Budweiser team, and I'd argue that they are both professional race teams as well. Bottom line is that there are no rules, fastest boat wins, 'nuff said.
Old 11-21-2002, 05:51 PM
Registered

Default Wrong Vern

Scott has been "King of the Lake Shoot-out" for a while....He was even on the magazine cover cause of it..
But it turns out that he's just a BEEEEEOCH of the real King...The King of Beers that is....
Old 11-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Registered

Was there running in competition after running exhibition against the rules? NO Was it against the "Spirt" of the event? YES. Is it Big Dollar Corporations throwing huge dollars at events to save face and feed egos? ABSOLUTELY. The one positive outcome is everyone in that leauge will know how to prepare next year, including Powerboat who probably already has next years cover done.

Quick Reply: Was Power Boat right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.