Notices

Jacksonville Area

Old 12-08-2021, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Paradox, wife and I were at the Toy Run and also have interest in buying somewhere in that area. Would love your insight also.

thanks, Chris
Should have said Hey' lol
Old 12-08-2021, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, So, Jacksonville. A very interesting and large City. One of the largest in area, not in population, pretty spread out. Some areas you need or want to stay away from. Some of the Suburbs sort of areas are great.
Jax beach is pretty OK. You need to do a little research on any areas, since I'm don't know what are the particular interests. Down town jack is all business and a block away homeless. The river front is gone. Used to be a good place to hang out with the boat and had nice restaurants. The Jacks Poker Run used to start at the Hyatt. Hotels around down town are ok, some better then others. Omni, Hyatt, Weston is good.
Shopping is like any city or suburban, pretty much everything is available all over town. Jacks as a city is well industrialized for work, the medical world is strong, and trucking with all the support stuff. Work is pretty easy to find. Saint John have ocean access and there is the intercoastal. The river is less tourist friendly, less restaurants, bars, but they are adding. Intercoastal have more boat stops. Housing is vary variable. In any given Suburb. (IE: Orange Park) there are nice, safe newer spots then you get the chit, in the same zip code. I'm in Fleming Island, one of the more sought after spots. Mostly professional residents, and the lots, houses are bigger, but you pay for it too. I recommend you guys see where the work location will be and review traffic. For me half hour to anywhere 45 minutes to the Airport. Buying a house, get an agent, learn and then you can look for yourself in the areas the agent recommends. Formula Bill on here (Pyburn SR., and JR {Pure Platinum boat} both in Jacksonville for years and good source of info and contacts. One good thing is that even if you 25 miles out of center, still takes 30 -35 minutes to get where you want to go, unless there is a traffic issue. Property values are going up, and based on different research or documented reviews Jax is a pretty good place to be, But LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. I researched and Fleming Island suited me best. No riff rafts around. Any specifics? ask.
P
The following users liked this post:
Cash Bar (12-09-2021)
Old 03-15-2022, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 427 Likes on 181 Posts

It is match week for all Medical Students to find out where they go for Residency. It appears that my daughter will either be in Jacksonville Fl, or Beaver Pennsylvania (just outside Pittsburgh). They find out on Friday. I am really hoping for Jacksonville as I sold our Cape Coral house and need a place with a big enough side or back yard to store my boat, and a warm spot to hang out in the winter! If Jacksonville, we will probably head down next week to find a house. If any locals has any other input as to location, please let me know. She would be at UF Health near 95 and 1.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:00 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
It is match week for all Medical Students to find out where they go for Residency. It appears that my daughter will either be in Jacksonville Fl, or Beaver Pennsylvania (just outside Pittsburgh). They find out on Friday. I am really hoping for Jacksonville as I sold our Cape Coral house and need a place with a big enough side or back yard to store my boat, and a warm spot to hang out in the winter! If Jacksonville, we will probably head down next week to find a house. If any locals has any other input as to location, please let me know. She would be at UF Health near 95 and 1.
Our youngest daughter goes to UNF in J'ville, and I spent some time at Mayport NAS last year, and the closer you are to the beach, (Like when I lived in LA in the 80's) the better the hood'.
Hope that helps