Notices

Triples vs Twins

Old 11-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triples vs Twins

Another trip/twin question. I don't believe this has been covered.

If the same boat is offered with triples and twins, what are your thoughts on the values of the boat.

Take a 42 Fountain for example. Used 42's can come with twins or triples. SHould these boats, equal year and options be priced the same if one has twins and the other triples?

How is resale effected? You pay more up front, but do you lose more money? Does it hurt resale if the same boat you are selling with triples can be bought with twins and will potential buyers hold out for twins?

Anyone have any advice/expertise, comments? Specifically with v-hull boats that can come either way from the factory. What are the pros and cons?
Old 11-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Lambchop77

Check your insurance rates on a boat that size and compare the rates of both.

Old 11-22-2002, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

32Fever, I probably don't have much wisdom to give you here and I'm sure you already know this, but for the most part, any kind of "offshore" performance boat is a specialty item. It already takes a special buyer to buy a boat like this in the first place. The more unique the boat---the more unique of a buyer it's going to take to buy it. It is then when the buyers get fewer and farer between. Try to buy smart, but if your like anyone else, your emotions tend to get involved. Hey, if you like it go buy it---I want to see that thing!
Old 11-22-2002, 12:41 PM
BBB725

Both boats with equal options, the triple engine boat should have better resale. Also top speed,ride and docking will be better in the triple engine boat. Insurance,fuel usage and maintenance will be more. Triple bravos are less costly than 900's with 6drives when looking to get over 100mph.