Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chesapeake bay "mini-loop"..............places to overnight? >

Chesapeake bay "mini-loop"..............places to overnight?

Notices

Chesapeake bay "mini-loop"..............places to overnight?

Old 02-04-2022, 07:02 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Chesapeake bay "mini-loop"..............places to overnight?

I'm looking to make a weeklong "mini-loop" this summer (june-aug) en-circling the eastern shore of VA/MD. I keep a 400ss in Deltaville VA and ran up to Chesapeake City last summer, which was a great trip. This summer I want to run the entire loop going up and out through Delaware bay and down the outside and back in the Chesapeake bay (or reverse the direction???). Where are some cool places to overnight? Hopefully lively places with music on the weekends. Weekdays will likely be quiet which is fine. I've hit Solomons a few times, Kent Narrows and Baltimore many years ago, Annapolis once, St. Michael's once, Great Oak Landing once, Chesapeake Inn once, and Cape Charles a few times. I've heard suggestions for Cambridge MD, Rock Hall, Cape May NJ, Lewes DL, Ocean City MD, and Chincoteague VA. Any of these should be on/off the list? Any other suggestions to consider?

Last edited by t500hps; 02-04-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-04-2022, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 289 Likes on 167 Posts

Very cool! Our FasTech 292 leaves out of Essex, and I've been almost everywhere you mentioned.

Old 02-04-2022, 04:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Tell us when you're going to be hitting Cape Charles. We will run across and stay the night. We typically stay at the city docks - we used to stay at the resort (Bay Creek/Oyster Farm), but have started staying at the city docks because there are more things to do down there than there used to be. Brewery, distillery, shanty, etc.....

Old 02-04-2022, 04:39 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Tell us when you're going to be hitting Cape Charles. We will run across and stay the night. We typically stay at the city docks - we used to stay at the resort (Bay Creek/Oyster Farm), but have started staying at the city docks because there are more things to do down there than there used to be. Brewery, distillery, shanty, etc.....
I'll let you know, it would be great to see you guys!. Made it over there 3-4 times last year and have stayed at both places. City docks have more stuff.......Oyster Farm has a pool. Kind of depends on how hot it is!

(sure you want to travel that far? LOL)
Old 02-05-2022, 08:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I'll let you know, it would be great to see you guys!. Made it over there 3-4 times last year and have stayed at both places. City docks have more stuff.......Oyster Farm has a pool. Kind of depends on how hot it is!

(sure you want to travel that far? LOL)
Ha - it does seem like a long way to go just to see you. I'll reconsider
The following users liked this post:
Macklin (02-11-2022)