Buying a documented vessel >

Buying a documented vessel

Notices

Buying a documented vessel

Old 03-15-2022, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Buying a documented vessel

Other than a signed title and bill of sale, what else is involved? The boat is located in TX, I'm in VA if that matters.
Old 03-15-2022, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

No Title involved in a documented boat. Just the Coast Guard Document. The Transfer will be Notarized. I usually apply for a abstract of title and make sure that if a lien exists. If a lien exists you will need a lien release to submit to the coast guard so you own it free and clear. Also once you have all the proper documentation and you submit it electronically it usually takes 8-12 weeks.

This is the link to the sight with the proper documents. If you have any questions the lady who answers the phone is very pleasant and extremely knowledgeable about everything and what is needed.

ONLY GO THROUGH THE COAST GUARD, 3rd PARTY stuff is all over the place and costs more and often gives you the run around.

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organiz...ons-and-Forms/
The following 7 users liked this post by cigrocket:
AllDodge (03-15-2022), dirtlawyer (03-22-2022), KNOT-RIGHT (03-15-2022), Payton (03-15-2022), Shah Mat (03-16-2022), Wally (03-15-2022), Wildman_grafix (03-15-2022)
Old 03-15-2022, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

As cigrocket mentioned, only go through the coast guard! I’ll add there are spam sites, be careful. I was fully aware of potential spam sites and I accidentally called one. They told me to email my question to some email and the correct department would help me. After the call it clicked in my head what was going on…
The following 2 users liked this post by jtbooten:
dirtlawyer (03-22-2022), Shah Mat (03-16-2022)