Notices

Table Rock Lake vs LOTO

Old 03-16-2022, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Table Rock Lake vs LOTO

I’m in the early stages of planning a motorcycle trip in early September. One thought was to take a few days and do some boating ( rent a pontoon ).

Anyone care to comment on the two different waterways ? Homes to look at as we boat by, bars / restaurants on the water, places to stay, etc …

Thanks

MDS
Old 03-16-2022, 08:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

If I was going for houses and restaurants I would do LOTO. If I was going fishing I’d do Table Rock. Both have plenty of both if you get them mixed up
The following users liked this post:
mikesufka (03-17-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

A bit later in the month at LOTO
https://lakebikefest.com/#:~:text=SE...%20campgrounds.

LOTO hands down if you want to see a bunch of cool house and a huge variety of boats.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Table Rock has very little built on the shores due to being a Corps lake designed for flood control.

LOTO's shoreline is filled with houses of all shapes and sizes and tons of restaurants and bars.
The following 2 users liked this post by Griff:
dykstra (03-17-2022), mikesufka (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 06:01 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
A bit later in the month at LOTO
https://lakebikefest.com/#:~:text=SE...%20campgrounds.

LOTO hands down if you want to see a bunch of cool house and a huge variety of boats.
If you like bikes, LOTO during Bike Fest is the place, plus the boat rental places are all still open and ready to serve your needs. There are also boat captains available if you just want to ride and enjoy the scenery.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I had a place on Table rock for years and have ridden that area for ever, check out the pig trail an awesome ride and when they say 10 mph corner coming up they mean it, also see if their having the Bikes blues and bbq event in Fayetteville this year ? Ive been there several times a huge gathering if you like that stuff.

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 03-17-2022 at 09:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
bajaman (03-17-2022), mikesufka (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

As already mentioned; LOTO has Bikefest if your into the rally thing. I've done the Bikers Blues & BBQ in Arkansas the last 2 year...the rally was cancelled both years due to Covid but a lot of bikers still showed up. Absolutely beautiful area to ride. I've done both of these several times and both are great options depending on what you want.
Bikefest - better rally and concert experience.
BB BBQ - better scenic riding
Old 03-17-2022, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

LOTO - very commercialized, very busy, nearly impossible to boat if less than 28'. But much more to 'do' and see. Party coves abound if that is your thing, and some great restaurants.

Table Rock is much deeper, much clearer, much less commercialized and thus far less congested. Nice and quiet on the arms of the lake towards the west and southwest (you can run into Arkansas if you want to run up the White River branch of the lake)...I often only see a handful of boats on a normal summer, non-weekend day.
mikesufka (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaman
LOTO - very commercialized, very busy, nearly impossible to boat if less than 28'. But much more to 'do' and see. Party coves abound if that is your thing, and some great restaurants.

Table Rock is much deeper, much clearer, much less commercialized and thus far less congested. Nice and quiet on the arms of the lake towards the west and southwest (you can run into Arkansas if you want to run up the White River branch of the lake)...I often only see a handful of boats on a normal summer, non-weekend day.
Please do not take it personal, but if a person (not you) cannot go anywhere on Lake of the Ozarks in a 21-24' boat, then they should probably think about getting some training, or give it up. Hell, there are bass boats out virtually every day. There are literally only a handfull of hours each week when it is rough, so you just need to back it down a bit. The throttle, the last I checked, can be pulled back. You can also stay put for those few hours. That said, you can also stick to boring lakes where you may only see a handful of other boats. Boy, that sure sounds like fun!
The following users liked this post:
bajaholic (03-19-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 628 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Please do not take it personal, but if a person (not you) cannot go anywhere on Lake of the Ozarks in a 21-24' boat, then they should probably think about getting some training, or give it up. Hell, there are bass boats out virtually every day. There are literally only a handfull of hours each week when it is rough, so you just need to back it down a bit. The throttle, the last I checked, can be pulled back. You can also stay put for those few hours. That said, you can also stick to boring lakes where you may only see a handful of other boats. Boy, that sure sounds like fun!
No offense taken. There are of course ways to handle ANY water conditions. But LOTO isn't the place for small boats, at least not trying to run on the large parts of the lake. "Pulling back the throttle" has NOTHING to do with getting slammed by a 4 foot wake from the larger boats that prowl LOTO..often whilst just sitting in the water.
Table Rock has unfortunately started to attract a large following of wake-surf boats that are simply unsuited for the smaller arms of the lake where the surf doesn't have a chance to dissipate, so...in some ways becoming LOTO-like.
Beautiful lakes, both...just totally different atmospheres.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.