99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Notices

99 35 Lighting vs 01 35 executioner vs Baja 342

Old 06-17-2022, 08:39 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by hoodoo
I’ve never been to LOTO but I’ll be hauling a 34 phantom back east in the fall, if I came back early and stopped at LOTO for a few days, would you recommend the shootout or the poker run.
sorry for the temp thread derailment.
Just saw this. I've never done the actual Shootout poker run. I would rather be more casual and boat around. After the initial start and first stop, everybody gets spread out anyway.
Watching the actual Shootout while rafted up can be fun, but it can also get boring. Since they initiated the 14 mile long no wake after the races on Saturday, we quit going. We are usually at dock party or pool bar and watch it on TV. One thing you want to go to is SuperCatfest at Camden on the Lake on Friday evening

The following users liked this post:
Menage_Aqua (06-21-2022)
Old 06-22-2022, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Baja for room, 5 in the fountain will not be fun. Myself i don't want 5 ever! LOL. BUT I think people may have missed that the 500EFI motors have been rebuilt. That is a big plus since the 496's already have over 500 hours. Speaking from having 500 efi's once the top ends are done right those things are great motors. I now have mid 700 hours on mine and still going strong.

As for rot, they pulled the motors on the fountain you would think they checked the wood but you should on all anyway. I have seen rot in just about every boat brand that has wood. Ride, I told you what I thought about that before.

And don’t just rely on guy with a moisture meter….make sure whoever does the survey is familiar with the difference of sound with a ball peen hammer against solid wood and hollow fiberglass. I got burned years ago on a bad transom. Surveyor said it was great…later learned there was no “moisture” for the meter to pick up because all the wood had rotted away. That led to a whole other story.