Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette Racing Clothing Line >

Cigarette Racing Clothing Line

Notices

Cigarette Racing Clothing Line

Old 05-01-2022, 09:07 AM
  #81  
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
Posts: 7,644
Received 493 Likes on 185 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flat rate View Post
Anyone read the article in poker runs America on the Ruiz kid? I got a few good laughs out of it.
Link?
Indy is offline  
Old 05-01-2022, 09:26 AM
  #82  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,984
Received 587 Likes on 340 Posts
Default

https://pokerrunsamerica.com/start-em-young/
speicher lane is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 09:46 AM
  #83  
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
Posts: 7,644
Received 493 Likes on 185 Posts
Default

^^ Good luck to them, seems like they have a much broader vision than previous ownerships, a new world I guess, I'm not much on hype and stuff but the journey will be interesting. They certainly have the financial backing which is a huge asset. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other competitors step up their branding and lines.
Indy is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Smarty (05-01-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 02:22 PM
  #84  
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
Posts: 12,984
Received 1,705 Likes on 581 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
Hmmmmm, having a 2k dinner/bar tab is a night out, paying 1k a weekend for fuel is just a cost, but a few hundred on Swag? Your all funny!!!

i got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. Lol
thisistank is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by thisistank:
Interceptor (05-01-2022), thirdchildhood (05-02-2022)
Old 05-01-2022, 02:41 PM
  #85  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,984
Received 587 Likes on 340 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
^^ Good luck to them, seems like they have a much broader vision than previous ownerships, a new world I guess, I'm not much on hype and stuff but the journey will be interesting. They certainly have the financial backing which is a huge asset. It'll be interesting to see if any of the other competitors step up their branding and lines.
Point taken - but if I was buying a Cig right now, my mind would be more at ease with getting the build quality that I am expecting from a previously enjoyed Skip built boat than under current ownership that's seemingly fixated on selling a "lifestyle" to new $$$$. I hope they keep the performance and quality in the build for the sake of the brand's continued longevity....

any business' that sell for big $$$ on low production run capacity, sooner or later the ownership wants a ROI....and the easiest thing to sacrifice is build quality to increase margin. (just my $0.02)....mind you at the price of the Cig Swag, they may not need to sell more boats - just more t-shirts and gear

Last edited by speicher lane; 05-01-2022 at 02:44 PM.
speicher lane is online now  
Old 05-01-2022, 03:49 PM
  #86  
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
Posts: 7,644
Received 493 Likes on 185 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by speicher lane View Post
Point taken - but if I was buying a Cig right now, my mind would be more at ease with getting the build quality that I am expecting from a previously enjoyed Skip built boat than under current ownership that's seemingly fixated on selling a "lifestyle" to new $$$$. I hope they keep the performance and quality in the build for the sake of the brand's continued longevity....

any business' that sell for big $$$ on low production run capacity, sooner or later the ownership wants a ROI....and the easiest thing to sacrifice is build quality to increase margin. (just my $0.02)....mind you at the price of the Cig Swag, they may not need to sell more boats - just more t-shirts and gear
I don't disagree, quality should be first and foremost. Until now that was was a given with Cig, as I said the journey will be interesting.
Indy is offline  
Old 05-01-2022, 04:23 PM
  #87  
Registered
 
bajaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 20.5 mm LOTO
Posts: 913
Received 195 Likes on 79 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I don't think it's so much the price of Cig stuff, after all anything Cig is $$, they gotta pay for all those logos somehow, however it's more the silly rhetoric that's come out of the iconic industry brand and now anything is fair game.
Care to elaborate? Iconic is not Cigarette. Iconic builds: Donzi, Fountain and Baja???? Big Thunder a dealer ship owned by the Iconic owner is now a dealer for Cigarette, but what rhetoric are you talking about?
bajaholic is offline  
Old 05-01-2022, 04:34 PM
  #88  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 11,136
Received 481 Likes on 270 Posts
Default

Cigarette Racing increased production from 20 to 50 boats in 2021...................hmmmm that doesn't seem to add up to quadrupling sales.

Fans could see Cigarette Racing hypercars and electric vehicles as well as luxury watches with the ubiquitous No. 1 logo...............Yachts/Jet-skis were a stretch but atleast in the water.......electric vehicles?!?!?!

Alex is expected to pursue his law degree later this year while running the company................so he can fine tune those partnership/purchase agreements they have been so good at!

Last edited by Jupiter Sunsation; 05-01-2022 at 04:37 PM.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Old 05-01-2022, 04:48 PM
  #89  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Posts: 4,752
Received 461 Likes on 203 Posts
Default

Cigarette Lifestyle ?
Interceptor is offline  
Old 05-01-2022, 04:49 PM
  #90  
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
Posts: 7,644
Received 493 Likes on 185 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
Care to elaborate? Iconic is not Cigarette. Iconic builds: Donzi, Fountain and Baja???? Big Thunder a dealer ship owned by the Iconic owner is now a dealer for Cigarette, but what rhetoric are you talking about?
iconic, not Iconic but you knew that and just want to poke. And if you think they haven't caused a stir with their public stuff then fine for you. The Cig threads haven't gone for pages and pages because they've been quiet.
Indy is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.