Notices

Windshield wind visors

Old 05-08-2022, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Here are the Wind-Aways on my 22 Classic. Speed tested to 85 MPH. Some people dis them but I like them on cooler days or long cruises. If you do break one you can cut a replacement panel from plexiglass. I have the thin aluminum windscreen but they have adjustable clamps and will fit a conventional windshield also. If you find they are higher than they need to be with the full windshield then you can cut them down. edit: Mine are 18" wide and I stow them in pillow covers.
both of you have been helpful! Thanks
Old 05-08-2022, 07:12 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

We had a Nordic 28, the windscreen deflected the air right into our faces, made for unpleasant trips of any length. We got two 18's and immediately brought enjoyment back into boating. Good if not great investment.
Old 05-08-2022, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
We had a Nordic 28, the windscreen deflected the air right into our faces, made for unpleasant trips of any length. We got two 18's and immediately brought enjoyment back into boating. Good if not great investment.
thank you, great feedback. I felt the same as you articulated above. I think I will do a pair of 18s!
Old 05-09-2022, 01:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I got one from Wind-away too. Worked great. Not a great pic, but you get the idea.

The following users liked this post:
Indy (05-09-2022)