Notices

Charter Price Increases

Old 05-06-2022, 10:41 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Charter Price Increases

I know some of you run commercial boats or do charters, so I'm hoping you're willing to answer a question. If not, I completely understand.

How are you handling the increase in fuel prices this summer? Are you increasing your price overall or putting in a fuel surcharge that has the potential to change with the price of fuel? Do you mind sharing how much you're going up if you are?

A friend of mine does some charters (yes, licensed and insured and all good with the CG) and have kept his prices low because he doesn't do a lot, he's new and building a base. His prices were based on $3/gallon for diesel. Within reason, he can swing it and not worry about a small price increase, but now that diesel is double that and climbing, he needs to make a decision about how to handle that added expense.

Thanks!
Old 05-07-2022, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Don’t post prices in advance.You’ll lose a few tourists. One of my fishing buddies owned this boat for several years. Trips were all custom deals because locations varied depending on what was hot at the time. Key West, Rum Cay, Isla Mujeres, Ft Pierce, Bradenton. The Bahamas and Mexico trips only worked because he had Glen Cameron out of Ft Pierce captain the boat. Guy’s killer on bill fish. He’d run the boat down for the season and we’d fly in to fish. Here you either do short day tourist trips (low fuel burn) or more hard core long offshore runs, which are more custom trips which are not priced in advance anyway.

The following 2 users liked this post by hoodoo:
Interceptor (05-07-2022), the deep (05-07-2022)
Old 05-07-2022, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

what hull is that?
Old 05-07-2022, 03:01 PM
Registered

57’ Custom Carolina
Old 05-07-2022, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boostbros