Notices

Ohio Fountain

Old 06-03-2022, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
Point taken.....even if YOU dropped the "E" in blond.

Looks like a 1/2 ton pulling it too. Brave...
Brave? Not so. I have a new GMC 1/2 AT4 and it does a better job all around than my last GMC 2500 gasser did. I do not pull down the interstate at 70+ but this new truck feels just as solid as the last. All in how you manage the equipment in my mind.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SammyJ
the ones on the Fountain do look Horizontal to me, the ones on my Formula certainly followed the angle of the V

If one was attempting to balance a boat at speed vs the water surface on which it was running one would likely assume that attempt would successfully begin with the planes in sync with the water surface. Why would any manufacturer defy hydrodynamic principals and mount them that way.
Old 06-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GRH
Is it an optical illusion or are those K-Planes mounted Horizontally?
You are corect! You are looking at the azz of one genuine hot rod Fountain Lightning. Ask me how I know? Had several of them and they are always rigged to run their best!
Old 06-03-2022, 07:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by smashm
I Just saw a boat here in Fort Myers that I was told is the original Ohio Steel boat. It's an all aluminum riveted boat. I personally would have no idea but that's what I was told.
Ohio Steel was not a riveted aluminum hull. It was a straight out of the mold 42 Fountain Lightning hull with a three man custom race cockpit. It is still out there, redone someplace in Cali I believe. Damn shame that someone did not respect it enough to keep it original. It is an icon of the brand. I have pictures of my son Christopher in the boat with Reggie at the 1000 Island Poker Run years back. Black and yellow biotch would run with them Merc Racing 1000 SC's.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-03-2022 at 07:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Twin O/B Sonic (06-04-2022)