Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Stand up" Guy  (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident) >

"Stand up" Guy (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident)

Notices

"Stand up" Guy (Wisconsin Hit & Run Boat Accident)

Old 07-27-2022, 03:44 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I agree, let him make amends and move on... but that's not America today, hate, cancel and get that pound of flesh, humiliate and virtue signal how much better everyone is than him.
I think he deserves everything he gets from whatever direction it comes from. Money can't fix everything.
I drink.
I boat.
I don't drink AND boat.

When you are on my boat, I am responsible for you to have a SAFE time; not a FUN time.

After the SML wreck, which had NOTHING to do with me; I had to endure two+ years of scrutiny just because the boat that I owned and operated was "like" the boat in the incident. I was pulled over many more times than ever has happened before or since. I was verbally accosted by a soccer mom in a mini-van in a grocery store parking lot while towing down to the same lake. (Only thing that bothered me was how 'Karen' behaved in front of her kids.) And the go-fast boats STILL have a stigma associated with one drunk dumbass. None of that was any of our faults, but we still have to suffer through it.

I've done stupid stuff before. But I have NO sympathy for the operator of the NorTech in question. And I wouldn't cut him a sliver of slack for such. Just like if I do something stupid like such, I wouldn't expect any slack either.
The following 9 users liked this post by Sydwayz:
1Zoom (07-27-2022), carnutsx2 (07-27-2022), Gimme Fuel (07-28-2022), HOSSMAN (07-28-2022), Indy (07-27-2022), OFFSHOREJOJO (07-28-2022), Perlmudder (07-28-2022), tommymonza (07-27-2022), Too Stroked (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 05:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The paddleboat owner has not done any business since the accident due to equipment damage and people were injured.
That doesn't matter here, gotta defend the bling baller at all costs.
The following 3 users liked this post by Indy:
Interceptor (07-27-2022), OFFSHOREJOJO (07-28-2022), tommymonza (07-27-2022)
Old 07-27-2022, 06:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
That doesn't matter here, gotta defend the bling baller at all costs.
No, not at all, just a case of how the world works. If you were to rear-end somebody in your car, your life doesnt stop, insurance takes care of it. The dude in the paddleboat has insurance and more than likely BIE-Business Interruption Insurance. Lets face it, we all pay tens of thousands for insurance, well, this is what you pay for...
Old 07-27-2022, 06:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by rak rua
I agree with what you are saying but would that be enough to teach the guy a lesson? A bit of cash won’t bother this guy too much so in a way, he gets away with it and maybe sets a new precedent that it’s not so bad if nobody gets hurt…..

RR
BLM burned down thousands of businesses last year. Cost business owners billions.

Did BLM learn any lessons? Did anyone teach them any lessons in jail, no, they were released. Its not the way it works (anymore).
Old 07-27-2022, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
How do you know this information? Who was injured and what are the injuries? What is preventing the paddle boat from operating, what is specifically wrong with the paddle boat, structural damage or cosmetic? Or is the paddle boat not operating for other reasons unknown at this time?
The paddlewheel boat company posted they are closed due to the accident, also the available photos show the boats damage. There are available photos showing two passengers on gurneys being treated by EMS.

Last edited by Interceptor; 07-27-2022 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-27-2022, 08:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
The paddlewheel boat company posted they are closed due to the accident, also the available photos show the boats damage. There are available photos showing two passengers on gurneys being treated by EMS.
Thank you for the update, but that does not specifically address the call of my question, ie structural or comestic damage to the paddle wheel boat and what specific injury occurred to the passenger? Soft tissue injury/muscle strain, broken vertebrae, laceration, ect….?
Old 07-27-2022, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 596 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Thank you for the update, but that does not specifically address the call of my question, ie structural or comestic damage to the paddle wheel boat and what specific injury occurred to the passenger? Soft tissue injury/muscle strain, broken vertebrae, laceration, ect….?
An Inspected vessel as this was will need a structural repair recommendation survey signed off before and after repairs, and than a US CoaatGuard inspection.

My guess is that boat is out of business for the rest season.

Whether he was Drunk or not his running at speed in a semi restricted area all lit up like that shows extremely poor judgement.

The DumAzz is Dam Lucky the paddle boat swerved, 3 feet to Port from either vessel and he would have driven right through them. That paddle boat looks like a Glorified pontoon/mobilehome and would have folded like a wet shoebox.

Last edited by tommymonza; 07-28-2022 at 07:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2022, 05:57 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
No, not at all, just a case of how the world works. If you were to rear-end somebody in your car, your life doesnt stop, insurance takes care of it. The dude in the paddleboat has insurance and more than likely BIE-Business Interruption Insurance. Lets face it, we all pay tens of thousands for insurance, well, this is what you pay for...
That's the business end and I get it. If I rear end someone (and I have been in an accident) I get out and make sure everyone's ok. Get the human side of it done, then move on to the insurance baloney. Hit and runs are just chicken-****, sorry. I hold myself accountable in every phase of my like, I pretty much go by the saying "you play you pay", it's the way I hold myself accountable for my f-ups and I've made plenty in my life. That carries over big-time into my professional life too and my clients know that.

The following 2 users liked this post by Indy:
bobkatz (07-28-2022), Stuckonstupid (07-28-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I think he deserves everything he gets from whatever direction it comes from. Money can't fix everything.
I drink.
I boat.
I don't drink AND boat.

When you are on my boat, I am responsible for you to have a SAFE time; not a FUN time.

After the SML wreck, which had NOTHING to do with me; I had to endure two+ years of scrutiny just because the boat that I owned and operated was "like" the boat in the incident. I was pulled over many more times than ever has happened before or since. I was verbally accosted by a soccer mom in a mini-van in a grocery store parking lot while towing down to the same lake. (Only thing that bothered me was how 'Karen' behaved in front of her kids.) And the go-fast boats STILL have a stigma associated with one drunk dumbass. None of that was any of our faults, but we still have to suffer through it.

I've done stupid stuff before. But I have NO sympathy for the operator of the NorTech in question. And I wouldn't cut him a sliver of slack for such. Just like if I do something stupid like such, I wouldn't expect any slack either.
As someone that technically died in a boat accident, all i heard from people and the "internet" was "he was probably drunk"... I never drink when testing and was drinking water all day as BobbyB can attest to. so I don't share the exuberance to have a trial by internet. we disagree, do I have sympathy for the owner of the nortech? nope, but he deserves the right to be innocent UNTIL proven guilty. also those that search the net will use threads like this as fodder to further stigmatize any boat capable of any speed..this will be my last comment on it...

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 07-28-2022 at 08:07 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by offshoredrillin:
Smarty (07-28-2022), Sydwayz (07-29-2022), TrippM (07-29-2022), Twin O/B Sonic (07-31-2022)
Old 07-28-2022, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

For me its the fact he waited until they figured out what boat hit them before coming forward. I think that is the part that gets me.

Get back to shore and look at your damage, sure. Call it in then, he had no idea if or what damage was done to the other boat or if people where hurt from being thrown forward. Lets face it when you get older a hard fall will hurt you.

Saying he should be cut slack because he has money,,,,,, that is elitist and gets me as much as BLM saying they are owed things.

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 07-28-2022 at 11:17 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Wildman_grafix:
DrFeelgood (07-29-2022), Indy (07-28-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.