What is wrong with these college guys?

Notices

What is wrong with these college guys?

Old 11-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by VelocityMike
My question is who do we blame for how these kids are acting?
We blame THEM! No one else
Thats the problem today. Everyone always thinks all the problems are someone elses fault.
Why can't anyone except the fact that we should be held accountable for our own actions?

But then that might put the lawyers out of work. God forbid that happen.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yes, the good old days.....well, college that is.

The cars being flipped and burned....well, let's just say every time Western MI played Central MI, I made sure my car wasn't anywhere near campus Unfortunately, it's all too common and it's been going on for years. Really no respect there.

I wonder how the insurance claims on those things went. "Uh, well, I was drunk, and there was this hot chick and...."
Old 11-25-2002, 11:10 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

well i am sort of in college.........

half working, half college.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:17 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Originally posted by puder
i am in acollege and of teh age group of these people. No respect, No discipline, No intelligence.

The level of maturity on todays college campuses is abtou as high as 5th grade with booze........
And if they spell like you were all in trouble!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:11 AM
Registered

VelocityMike, yeah I guess I could chime in. I have a college campus in my jurisdiction and I write everyone up on everything I can. Most of the ones I charge with things seem not even to care. Student got locked up for CDS and was like, O well I will be out in a few and be back. I asked him, and now do this quite a bit, "So how much does it cost to go to college here" Most of them cant tell me, why, because their daddys/mommys pay for it. Seems like the ones that actually have to work and pay for it, get something out of it and dont act stupid.

Now yes it is college, have fun, of course there will be drinking, but if they are inside, not making a ruckus with the blinds down, do you think I will ever find out, it's unfortunate but probably not.

There is a more smart way to go about it, but of course they dont think about that.

I hear it all the time, "man the drinking age should be 18, this is BS you are giving me a citation" Well if there were more responsible students, unlike you, and not so many acting immature it might just be.

Last edited by Mark in So. MD; 11-26-2002 at 04:18 AM.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Devil's Island

The world is full of educated idiots.

Old 11-26-2002, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our "Best and Brightest"

Time to re-institute the Draft!!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate add to this discussion but, I graduated in 1999 from Virginia Tech I do remember the ones that usually caused the most extreme disrespect were usually not even enrolled students.

Will
Old 11-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Allan4

27 Fountain, I agree. Sometimes it is the locals. However, they sure looked like students to me on that OSU video!!! It is basically a lack of fear of authority and discipline. In todays world you are a child abuser is you spank your kid. It's a joke, it sets the standard for kids not respecting authority. I have a 10X greater issure with these morons attacking firefighters than I do them burning a car. That to me ecalates the sincerety to a much higher level. Prosecute them, Throw them out of school and ban all the others from any future OSU game. Unfortunately they can just party next door. To bad a few thousand pea brains ruin it for the entire state. As a resident of Ohio and a disliker of OSU, I am embarrassed for our state.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Steve_H

allen4 its not just your state.
it happens all over the country.
reminds me of some of those soccer games in europe where mayhem breaks out and people get killed.
its just a matter of time before it happens in the US unless authoritys get a handle on it or better yet , students take matters into their own hands and "educate" the idiots that perpetuate this BS.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these college guys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.