Notices

Livorsi Vantage and Merc 450R

Old 07-29-2022, 04:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Livorsi Vantage and Merc 450R

Hi!

I installed 450R on my Phantom 25 last summer. It has Livorsi Vantage gauges, Merc Monitor and a Simrad 9" Go Plotter. The previous engine was a Verado 400R 2017 model.

All Livorsi instruments except Oil Pressure and Oil Temp are working (Trim, Voltage, Water temp, Boost, RPM, GPS, Fuel level, etc). The Merc Monitor also works on all type of info. incl Oil Temp and Oil Pressure. The same with the Simrad 9» GO plotter. All Livorsi gauges resets when I put the ignition on, but they do not read Oil Pressure, Oil Level and Oil Temp.

Do you know how to do to get Livorsi Vantage Oil Pressure and Oil Temp gauges to communicate with the New engine?

Cheeers, Toffen
Old 07-30-2022, 05:26 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi Toffen, I don't really know the answer to your question. Maybe different sending units? But anyway, how is the boat running with the 450? Do you like it?
Old 07-31-2022, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C
Hi Toffen, I don't really know the answer to your question. Maybe different sending units? But anyway, how is the boat running with the 450? Do you like it?

Hi !

I presume the tach is too old for the new 450R software since it worked fine with the 400R.

The 450R is running very well. 140 hrs on it now without any hick ups. Its just as quick in acceleration as twin 2,5 EFI SS (2 x 280) and run faster. Twin did 86 on a good day. The 450R runs upper 93 mph. I have shortened the barrel with 8 mm to set the transom a little. We will do some testing the upcoming week We hope for 94-95 mph. Its an old boat. Near 40 years now. So you will find faster 25 footers out there, but few that compete in the rough.

The fuel is approx 5% more than the 400R. Approx 11,8 gallon per hour at 50 mph.

Cheeers, Toffen

The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (07-31-2022)