Disgust in offshore racing >

Disgust in offshore racing

Notices

Disgust in offshore racing

Old 08-10-2022, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Dude, seriously? You are complaining about a race that happened 20 years ago? I assume you were in the Smaller white COBRA cat back then? Everyone knew back then, only ONE guy made all of the rules and decisions, no matter what anyone else's job title was. Luckily , IMO, is on an up-swing right now, with more sponsors and bigger teams coming around, than in many years.
Thanks for joining the conversation Ryan. Good to see another current high profile racer point of view. We mentioned in earlier posts this was not a recent event and was ancient history. What we are looking for is opinions on “What you would do in a situation like this”.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2022, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default APBA or SBI

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Dude, seriously? You are complaining about a race that happened 20 years ago? I assume you were in the Smaller white COBRA cat back then? Everyone knew back then, only ONE guy made all of the rules and decisions, no matter what anyone else's job title was. Luckily , IMO, is on an up-swing right now, with more sponsors and bigger teams coming around, than in many years.
20 years ago means it was either me or John (RIP). I don’t remember reversing a DQ due to a misprint in the rule book.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
Different but worth mentioning in the general conversation...

Innovation comes from stretching the rules as far as you can before they break..

Another form of racing I did, I read the rule book frontwards and backards 427 until I had every word memorized and knew exactly what it said and more importantly what it didnt say.

I then built a machine that pushed every boundry. The first race was 150 miles, 5 30 mile laps. I took it easy the first lap and was right behind the leader. The 3rd lap, I lapped him and by the end I was a lap and a half ahead.

Cheaters aren't winners, but winners push the limits of skill and technology.....

Well Said.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike A.
20 years ago means it was either me or John (RIP). I don’t remember reversing a DQ due to a misprint in the rule book.
Michael 22 years ago not APBA