Notices

LOTO Shootout Roll Call

Old 08-16-2022, 08:45 AM
ben
Registered

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

We will get there Tuesday afternoon, strip wed night, PBC Thursday, Supercat Friday, Probably watch the shootout from Camden Saturday.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 333 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
I think I've only missed one year since 2002. Always do Wed street party, Thur PBC, Fri Ron's/RH/BWJ. Since they introduced the expanded no wake I no longer go out to the course on Sat. One year of riding back thru that was enough for me. Plus I've been there, done that, got the tee shirt. Usually just hang out poolside at Redhead on Sat. Might try to get over to Camden this year for Super Cat.
I get out there before they enforce the no wake and stay til after it’s done. You have to be there by 8 to get a decent spot anyway, then we idle to Fish and Co…eat and listen to music. By the time dinner is over the no wake is gone.
Old 08-16-2022, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by DRAG
I get out there before they enforce the no wake and stay til after it’s done. You have to be there by 8 to get a decent spot anyway, then we idle to Fish and Co…eat and listen to music. By the time dinner is over the no wake is gone.
The crew I was going with in the most recent years was an exercise in cat herding. I think the earliest we would get out there was 10:30 AM and most years, they were ready to bolt by 4:00 PM. I do miss the days when it was in front of Shooters and it was an easy idle there and back from Parkview Bay.
The following 2 users liked this post by Knot 4 Me:
Helmwurst (08-17-2022), Quinlan (08-17-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I’m on my crew at 7 and they don’t all like it lol. That morning run up there at sunrise is great jumping all the cruiser wakes.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

I was thinking about running Speedy till I talked to my Ins agent...........
Old 08-16-2022, 06:57 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
They tend to not like timed events.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
That is one of the reasons more boats don't run. Most insurance won't cover you in any organized competition.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
That is one of the reasons more boats don't run. Most insurance won't cover you in any organized competition.
That, and down the road after an incident, they can say, "hey Mr XXXX, that boat that you had insured for up to 99 miles an hour did 122 miles an hour in the Shootout 3 years ago, so we are going to take a pass on covering your totaled boat due to fraud. Congratulations, though, as you won your class!"

We will be there for the street party on Wed, but need to cut it short and be back home Sat morning. The street party and visiting the docks at Camden and PBC are definite highlights..
Old 08-17-2022, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
That, and down the road after an incident, they can say, "hey Mr XXXX, that boat that you had insured for up to 99 miles an hour did 122 miles an hour in the Shootout 3 years ago, so we are going to take a pass on covering your totaled boat due to fraud. Congratulations, though, as you won your class!"

We will be there for the street party on Wed, but need to cut it short and be back home Sat morning. The street party and visiting the docks at Camden and PBC are definite highlights..
What about getting a policy through Wagner just for the event? Is that possible? Event Insurance is usually a one time shot anyway, right?
The following users liked this post:
DRAG (08-17-2022)
Old 08-17-2022, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
What about getting a policy through Wagner just for the event? Is that possible? Event Insurance is usually a one time shot anyway, right?
This. Also we insure race cars in the shop, during transport, and during competition. Rates aren’t bad and they know we are gonna stuff one in the wall at some point. Also have guys with million dollar race cars that don’t carry insurance. The risk is the risk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.