Maintenance Lab Finished props

Old 09-13-2022, 09:18 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Maintenance Lab Finished props

Hi!

I hope you are well.

I have a Phantom 25 1984 offshore hull with a Mercury 450R. Last spring it ran close to 94 mph at 6,200 rpms spinning a Max5 ST 27 pitch 15,25 dia prop. The boat was a little loose on the transom, and we decided to reduce the barrel with 8 mm making it even more ST this Spring.

This year we have not managed to get the same speed. Especially now at the end of the summer. The boat runs much flatter than before. Phantom boats are known to run high and flat. There is no pad, no notch on these boats.

I contacted Mercury Racing, and they told me that their lab finished props need maintenance every 100-150 hours. I have 200 hours on mine. So the question is if you have experienced this with lab props, and if you recommend me to lab the prop again or lab and add the 8 mm barrel we cut away?

Thanks !

Cheeers, Toffen