Awesome yet terrifying experience >

Awesome yet terrifying experience

Notices

Awesome yet terrifying experience

Old 09-29-2022, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 250 Likes on 126 Posts

F2...did you ever run them with a different reservoir? I have heard the fluid expands a lot and I'm hoping it's just a matter of I don't have enough room for expansion?? I had the reservoir half full starting the weekend and by the end of the weekend I could barely see it at the bottom of the sight glass...so I would guess as I don't know the actual size of mine being custom made that I lost maybe a pint-half a pint over the weekend...obviously checked for leaks and all that and found none....I have also heard that the first time or 2 you run the SCX it will use a little oil as everything breaks in and all the little crevices get oil soaked...any truth to that?
Old 09-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
I do have full hydraulic steering...I think the best thing will be getting the 5 blade I really need to carry the front of this fat girl and I think it will be a lot better. Also my tabs are 280's that I installed and are PLENTY big enough for the boat and when all the way up they are an inch or so above the bottom at the tips...that's what I meant by a little tab is bringing them down even with the bottom. I think I have a pic that you can see the tab setup.

Thanks for the advice!! It will for sure be a learning curve once I get her to sit on the pad regularly....was just my first time experiencing it in my boat and it was freaky yet awesome hahahaha
Won't a 5 blade lift the stern? I'd have a Bravo 1 worked to carry the bow (BBlades calls it their Baja cup or something along those lines).
Old 09-29-2022, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Teague Custom Marine | IMCO RESERVOIR TANK

This tank I assume you're talking about?
Old 09-29-2022, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 1,285 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
If you have hydraulic steering you should be able to balance the boat on the pad with steering input. Tabs will scrub speed and if relied on too much may cause other handling issues. At most, have them neutral to extend the length of the hull. Flying a boat on the pad is a learning process, once you get there you'll love it. Step by step.
Ive had to learn that with the phantom at high speeds in certain conditions. It hasn’t ever gotten crazy and it gives you subtle hints before it starts, kinda like a plane will have a slight stumble right before a wing stalls. If you tend to it right away the stability returns quickly. Seems to happen more frequently in flat fresh water vs choppy salt water. Good to hear your take on it, always good to be able to tap into info from the more experienced.
The following users liked this post:
BBYSTWY (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
5 blade is going to lift the stern. I'd have a Bravo 1 worked to carry the bow (BBlades calls it their Baja cup or something along those lines).
When I talked to them they told me a P5-X hydromotive or a worked maximus will help carry the bow?? I have a 28 stock bravo on it now and running wide open it runs very "wet" the water under the boat shoots out just behind the helm instead at the stern where it's supposed to
Old 09-29-2022, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
When I talked to them they told me a P5-X hydromotive or a worked maximus will help carry the bow?? I have a 28 stock bravo on it now and running wide open it runs very "wet" the water under the boat shoots out just behind the helm instead at the stern where it's supposed to
In my testing quite a few years back (on a twin so not apples to apples) the stock B1's ran too wet, the stock P5-X was really no better or worse, and the stock Maximus wouldn't even plane the boat. Ended up with a worked set of B1's and it finally carried the bow (33 Outlaw with boxes). Just always thought a 5 blade will lift the stern but if they are working it then it is a different animal. Good luck! Running on the pad (without chine walk) is fun!
Old 09-29-2022, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good info!! I am by no means a prop expert and was just going off of what they said and I've read several threads saying P5-X was the prop to have on a heat....that being said those were all stepped boats that were saying that so I guess I need to just start from scratch hahaha

I can't wait till she carries herself and sits up on the pad!! I think she's got 90 in her which I think is pretty good for her age and no steps!! Was what I was shooting for when this whole thing started so it would be nice to hit the magic 90 hahaha
The following users liked this post:
Knot 4 Me (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

My first real boat was a 25' active thunder with a 600SC. at 81 mph it would start to chine walk real bad.
It was scary, I didn`t know how to stop it .
Old 09-29-2022, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 447 Likes on 245 Posts

we run an active thunder 25 with a bit more power right up to 100 with out chine walk we do have 380 tabs most fun boat we have ever built i love that thing!
The following 2 users liked this post by boostbros:
Gimme Fuel (10-05-2022), ICDEDPPL (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 09:17 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

More blade surface area does cause more stern lift, but the prop biting harder with the added blade may also help it carry the bow more too.
The following 3 users liked this post by Griff:
dykstra (09-30-2022), ICDEDPPL (09-29-2022), TexomaPowerboater (09-30-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.