Notices

Key West races

Old 11-14-2022, 08:38 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros
come on this is inexcusable today in our modern world first shorten the name to" key west worlds" the unpronouncable long name hurts everyone second get a few of the folks creating the walking tours on youtube they do a great job in hdr 4k the race coverage was way better in the 80s and 90s how did we forget how to showcase our world to the public? sucks is the kindest words to describe this years coverage

. . . . . .

another inexcusable in our modern world. Punctuation. Here are a bunch of "periods". Please use them!
The following users liked this post:
Sydwayz (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
OPA and RWO as well as APBA all need to work together to get things done as a group there is not enough racers to run different races all of the time it is a shame they cant work together its like my EGO is bigger then yours so I am not going to bend at all
Agree on this point. It is just a hobby for a lot of folks who have time and money invested in the sport. We all love to watch it live and in person and would like to be out there ripping it up like the teams that have invested so much into it. Behind the scenes, your equipment gets the crap beat out of it, lots and lots of $$$ to fix what needs to be fixed before the next race. Most people have no idea how much effort goes into the whole event on both sides of the event. Putting your team up in hotels, expenses and such. There is no real money in it if you win, it is more of a bragging rights deal than anything. Shootouts are the same thing. Until all the organizers, racers, fans come together and organize under one title, you will never get the coverage, the $$, the fan base, spectators and business' to support the sport. Kinda like NASCAR, but that is just a whole different shirtshow in itself. Just my $.02
Old 11-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
...The street party Friday was a giant cluster🤬
How do you mess they mess that up? Too many boats/rigs? Too few?
Old 11-14-2022, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm just happy to see racing live and not having to get info on the race days later. I can fill in the blanks or turn the volume off if i don't like the cometary.
The following users liked this post:
RSCHAP1 (11-14-2022)
Old 11-14-2022, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 244 Likes on 131 Posts

It is nice to see LIVE.
But the technical issues getting fixed would be LOTS better too.
Especially when they talked of trying to get more coverage.
Old 11-14-2022, 12:01 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

The races ran late and had to do tech inspection after. They didn’t line us up in order and boats had to squeeze through other boats and blocking traffic all over the place. We sat in line in the pits for almost 2 hours before we could even drive to duval.