Notices

Donzi 38ZR Windshield

Old 04-03-2023, 12:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcoombs
Looks like Performance Acrylics can do it. All the others passed. Won’t be cheap, about $1800 for all. What an expensive misstep onto the windshield. Damn

Thanks again everyone for your input.
ouch. Sorry for this.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Looks like Performance Acrylics can do it. All the others passed. Won’t be cheap, about $1800 for all. What an expensive misstep onto the windshield. Damn

Thanks again everyone for your input.
I noticed in your first post you said guest and not friend…
$1800 isn’t a bad price. But it is when you didn’t need one.
You will be happy with his work.
Not sure how your windshield is but mine has a silicone bead around the edge.
If yours does, don’t go cheap at Walmart or Lowes. Get good Marine quality sealant because you don’t want to do it again.
Not hard, just slow if you want the sealant bead to look good.
I masked the boat and windshield. Also used a silicone tool to make the bead even. I’m no carpenter but I’ll have to say mine turned out really good.
Old 04-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

It was a friend of a friend so I called him a guest. Idiot is what I really want to call him.

good point on the silicon, I didn’t think of that. I will be taking it off tomorrow so I will note any silicon on it. The true cost of the window was $1322 plus freight and crating of $450. I might head up there myself like one of you said in your original post.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

It was a friend of a friend so I called him a guest. Idiot is what I really want to call him.

good point on the silicon, I didn’t think of that. I will be taking it off tomorrow so I will note any silicon on it. The true cost of the window was $1322 plus freight and crating of $450. I might head up there myself like one of you said in your original post.
I can’t imagine doing that to someone’s boat. Apparently the PO of my boat had the same thing happen, but never fixed it properly so I went to Patrick to have one made.

if you like bourbon, there’s a decent allocation of OWA 107 around to help make it worth your trip 😎 I got sidetracked for a couple hours.
Old 04-04-2023, 05:28 AM
Registered

Some people just don’t understand (or don’t care) the cost and effort a boat requires. I love having other boat people on my boat. They can make boating a lot easier and enjoyable. When you don’t, complete opposite.

Not the best picture because I took the picture in the dark but you can get an idea. That’s after 2 years have passed.

Also here is the pizza place near Columbus (if you are into pizza). First deep dish pizza I’ve had and I really liked it. I’ve taken them to go and ate at the restaurant. I honestly think it tastes the same either way so good chance the restaurant don’t make them fresh. The frozen pizza made the trip home in the cooler bag they give you if you buy 2. (Not affiliated, just like the pizza).
Good luck.

https://giordanos.com

Old 04-04-2023, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1,330 Likes on 742 Posts

What is a silicone tool?
Old 04-04-2023, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks again for the silicon tip. I need to check out the tool. When I put a line of caulk or silicon down freely it always looks like a 3rd grader did it. I will see today if it has the silicon seal or not. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention.

And couldn’t agree more, boat owner friends on your boat is great, non boat owners just don’t have a clue and when it’s obvious to do something they just stand in your way or just stand there not doing a damn thing. And yes, he should have offered to help pay the cost.

Great idea on the pizza, I bet it’s some good stuff!!

Thanks fellas
The following users liked this post:
jtbooten (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What is a silicone tool?
You can find them cheap on amazon. It will flatten your silicone bead and make it look nice and neat. The tool has different edges to make the bead look different. I just used the edge that glided across my windshield the best. I mostly used the rectangle one in the pic.

Last edited by jtbooten; 04-04-2023 at 07:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (04-05-2023)