Land & Sea torq shift propeller >

Land & Sea torq shift propeller

Notices

Land & Sea torq shift propeller

Old 04-23-2023, 12:17 AM
Registered

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny
I thought I read somewhere that somebody in California bought the patent, redesigned some of the parts to improve durability and was selling repair parts. Anybody have any knowledge of that?
Aeromarine.

There is a reference in this YouTube video

Any idea what the pitch range might be?
I think there were only 2 or 3 models. 926 may have something to do with 26 inches. It depended on the cams - not sure whether the cast parts were different.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just found a Land & Sea torque shift propeller in my father-in-laws shed and trying to figure out what I have and what it might be worth. It has a model number stamped on it #926 and it's approximately 14-7/8" in diameter and has 15 splines which makes me think it's for a Mercury. It also has 5/32 scribed on it in a couple places as well as what looks like someone's S.S. number that was probably used as I.D. if it were stolen. It's in pretty good overall condition, the blades are NOT dinged up but do have what looks like some very minor pitting and all 3 springs are inside the hub

. I don't know what the pitch range is but thinking someone with knowledge of these might e able to steer me in the right direction by the information I've provided. Send me your thoughts.
Ayuh,...... I've been runnin' torque shift props for years, though not as originally intended,..... Back when I lived on Lake Ontario, I had a Starcraft Islander, with a 4.3l Alpha 1 'n my main purpose was fishing,.... Trollin' for walleye to be exact,.... Which means trollin' very, very slowly,....
I set up my torque shift prop with the extra heavy springs, to hold it in the 11" pitch much longer than normal, so I could troll extremely slowly, yet bring the motor's rpms up abit higher than dead idle,....
The only draw back was when I wanted to run in, or out to an area, I had to over trim the drive, to get the prop to shift up to the hi-gear,.....

The L&S factory in NH burnt to the ground, years ago, then a retired shop teacher(Bob) in Ca bought up the left over inventory, 'n created his own rebuild kits for most of the plastic bushings, 'n such,....
I talked to Bob many times, 'n did abit of business with him,.....
Unfortunately, I'm guessin' Bob passed away, as his website, 'n contact info is no longer in service,.... a Huge loss for folks like me,.....

I've bought up a few torque shift props as I come across 'em, mostly to have parts to keep atleast one of 'em serviceable,....
I'll gladly pm you my contact info, 'n if you could send me some pictures of the one you have, I'd be willin' to pay ya a couple hundred bucks for it, depending on it's condition,.....
I'm a moderator over at iboats.com, 'n can be found there daily, though I try to stop by here weekly as well,......
Let me know what you think,.....
Thank you,..... Bondo,.....

Last edited by Bondo; 04-23-2023 at 07:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
SB (04-23-2023)
Old 04-23-2023, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well Bondo, I'm having trouble with forums. On this one I can't PM until I get enough posts and on iboats when I tried to post I got this message, (You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error..) so now I have to wait for an administrator to respond.
Bondo (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 07:33 AM
Registered

Well Bondo, I'm having trouble with forums. On this one I can't PM until I get enough posts and on iboats when I tried to post I got this message, (You have been banned for the following reason: Spam. Please contact the administrator if this was done in error..) so now I have to wait for an administrator to respond.
Ok Lenny,..... The mod that deleted yer post at iboats should have done that, but only that,.....
As soon as I post this, I'll go to the mod box at iboats, 'n call him out on it, 'n get you reinstated,....

When I see such things, I usually try to edit the post enough so it's doesn't violate rule #8, which is no selling on the open forums,.....
But anyways,.... hang tight, I'm on it,.....
Old 04-24-2023, 07:42 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

You need > 10 posts here to post pics and pm. You have 9. Almost there….You can do it, we have faith.
Bondo (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 07:46 AM
Registered

I posted for JB to un-ban you at iboats, we'll see how long it'll take, unfortunately, it's beyond my knowledge on how to do so,.....

We have a couple other mods that also may be able to pull it off today,....

I'm not sure how many posts you need to use pms either here, or at iboats either,....
Maybe drop several posts here, 'n see what it takes,.....
I know you've got a pm waiting for you here, with my email address, 'n my phone number,.....
Hoping to talk to you soon,..... Bill,....
Old 04-24-2023, 08:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
You need > 10 posts here to post pics and pm. You have 9. Almost there….You can do it, we have faith.
Ayuh,.... 'n JB found my post at iboats, so you'll soon be a member over there again too,.....

Thank you SB,...... I believe iboats is the same,.....
Old 04-24-2023, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks for the help

I'm a patient person. I knew I needed 10 post's to be able to PM so thanks for the help. I'll be getting in touch soon.
Bondo (04-24-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torque shift

Originally Posted by Bondo
Ayuh,...... I've been runnin' torque shift props for years, though not as originally intended,..... Back when I lived on Lake Ontario, I had a Starcraft Islander, with a 4.3l Alpha 1 'n my main purpose was fishing,.... Trollin' for walleye to be exact,.... Which means trollin' very, very slowly,....
I set up my torque shift prop with the extra heavy springs, to hold it in the 11" pitch much longer than normal, so I could troll extremely slowly, yet bring the motor's rpms up abit higher than dead idle,....
The only draw back was when I wanted to run in, or out to an area, I had to over trim the drive, to get the prop to shift up to the hi-gear,.....

The L&S factory in NH burnt to the ground, years ago, then a retired shop teacher(Bob) in Ca bought up the left over inventory, 'n created his own rebuild kits for most of the plastic bushings, 'n such,....
I talked to Bob many times, 'n did abit of business with him,.....
Unfortunately, I'm guessin' Bob passed away, as his website, 'n contact info is no longer in service,.... a Huge loss for folks like me,.....

I've bought up a few torque shift props as I come across 'em, mostly to have parts to keep atleast one of 'em serviceable,....
I'll gladly pm you my contact info, 'n if you could send me some pictures of the one you have, I'd be willin' to pay ya a couple hundred bucks for it, depending on it's condition,.....
I'm a moderator over at iboats.com, 'n can be found there daily, though I try to stop by here weekly as well,......
Let me know what you think,.....
Thank you,..... Bondo,.....
I have a torque shift prop and wanted to know if you're interested in it ,I know it's not worth much but I hate to scrap it cause when I used it I love it. Don't want much probably just shipping Thanks Ron
Old 04-26-2024, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mouser
I have a torque shift prop and wanted to know if you're interested in it ,I know it's not worth much but I hate to scrap it cause when I used it I love it. Don't want much probably just shipping Thanks Ron
Are you still looking to get rid of that prop?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.