Old 11-30-2002, 02:41 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally posted by xtremeracingf1
Thanks for the info...
Do you know what kind of speeds hes running with the 525's

Thanks Again
I have a single 525SC and am only getting about about 65mph right now. The prop slip is WAY high at about 25%. I've talked to Jo at Pantera and he feels the drive is set up a little too high and the prop is giving too much stern lift and not lifting the bow enough. He did say that he ran the boat in the ocean and was seeing 68mph. I run in a lot of flat water also which doesn't help top speed in a Pantera. It loves rough water and flies very level in big water. I'm going to send the prop in for some tweeking and hopefully I won't have to mess with the X dimension. Overall, I love the boat, just wanting to get it into the low 70's.

Vonbongo, another board member, just got a 2002 last fall with a 575SC and he seeing about 75mph.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:01 PM
BJM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim

I don't know what I'm going to do next year. But I need to get rid of one of the boats. I don't care which one I get rid of. If I sell the Pantera I will go racing. If I sell the Activator I'll spend more time chillin on the Pantera.

B.J.
Old 11-30-2002, 04:00 PM
xtremeracingf1

BJ,
Thansk for all your help,and some great information.
Seems like everyone agrees it a great rough water boat and handles well...
As always OSO members have grewat info. and always willing to help.

Thanks

Old 11-30-2002, 10:47 PM
Registered

Is that you Trent?????

I think we met in New Orleans. But im not sure. Anyway we are still toying with my 28. I believe our X is way too high as well. And we are probably at 25 to 30 % slip. We can turn a 28 bravo 1 at 5300 and a 24 at 5900. with either, we are still only maxin out at 73mph. Within the next couple of weeks, we will drop the drive 2 inches and i will let you know the outcome. Otherwise, I love the boat.
Feel free to call me anytime.

732 906 8680 Bruce
Old 12-01-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2003 with a 575 and the ITS set back and a 28 bravo 1 labbed prop did 74 with 3 people, 100 gal of fuel, big tool box and the normal crap you have on a boat in flat water and 90+ degrees. My boat also has an extra cabinet with a sink so that is some extra weight too. Jo lowered the floor under the front of the passenger and driver bolsters, put in shorepower, a couple of fans and everything else I wanted.

Jo had my boat to 78 I think in Fla before he sent it up here. DK's boat runs over 80 with a 600 Innovation engine. Both our boats have a pleasure set up.

I think I will run a solid 77+ when I get some time on the boat including all the crap I seem to carry on it especially when there is some light chop on the water to air out the hull. Because of the blower I couldn't go with a notched transom w/o having to have a scoop in the sunpad, but the ITS set back helps that out some too. Also Jo says the ITS carries the bow a bit higher than the non ITS set up.

Merc rumored to have a 575 NA in the works and that with a notched transom and a XZ drive ought to put you in then 80 range. Espicially if they have the lighter layup that Jo has talked about. I'd do it again if I was in the situation I was when I had my boat built.

Pantera isn't the fastest boat, but neither is Cig. But if you want to talk about handeling rough water, rigging, factory support and so on, I have to put them very high on my list. The fit and finish of my Pantera was far superior than the 27 Founatin I had, plus it has a lot more room for a boat that has a LOA of 1 more foot

Can't say enough good things about my boat, any questions drop me a PM
Old 12-01-2002, 09:17 PM
DLG

X-racingF1,
Notice something in common with all us Pantera owners? We all seem to agree that the factory support is second to none. It doesn’t matter if you’re ordering a new 35’ or the 10th owner of a 20 year old 24’, if it’s a Pantera Jo & Company will treat you right.
I have a 3 man 28 with a pair of clamp-on 300’s.
DLG

Old 12-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

XTREMERACINGF1

Pantera's are definatly nice boats and I am not knocking them but they are heavy boats and if you want to be copetitve in F1 you might want to check out Progression. I have a 27 with a 500hp that runs in the 80's all day long. A Progression would definatly suit your needs of rough water and be competitive in F1.
My 27 is also for sale! If you are interested check out the link below. It is listed under boats for sale. If you have any questions you can pm me.

www.liopa.com
Old 12-04-2002, 05:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Frank,how are you. Call Bruce From Simply Awesome,he has one! I'll talk to you soon,lots going on with The Jersey Boyz and will keep you advised about next season.