I.Q. Test to Post on OSO??? >

I.Q. Test to Post on OSO???

Notices

I.Q. Test to Post on OSO???

Old 11-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I.Q. Test to Post on OSO???

Can you have that guy drop the package off at that low budget boat dealership called Dick Simon!
This is nice to read!
I just got back from Vacation and saw this on another thread. I have been working 7 days a week to keep up with the rush of clients we have had here at DSM after some new changes have been put into effect. New changes like
1. Lower inventoery Boat Prices
2. Free Instruction to new boat owners.
3. Lower Markup for Custom Ordered Boats. (Internal change that we did not advertise)
4. Stars and Stripes Poker Run (One more thing we did for West Coast Boaters)
5. Lowered Storage costs.

We are ordering Cigarettes for inventory for the first time in 1.5 years.
The new owners are in the process of going through our service department boat by boat and giving more personal attention to customers.
And I have a stack of "Thank You" Cards on my desk from new Clients.

So, Why do I boot up the OSO Board to see that someone from Newport Beach has decided to spread a rumor that things are not good.
The Phone has been ringing
I have been showing boats
There is money in our Brokerage Escrow Account
I have some of the finest (And Most expensive) Boats on order.

So, Ill ask again...Why was this posted? Why was it not deleted? Is this a common thought around the So Cal Boating area?

I would actually like to see a little feedback (prefurably from the individual that posted said Rumor. And lets keep it on the board shall we? No PM, No Phone calls. This is your Chance to tell us all your "Inside Information". After all, I do work for the Largest Offshore Powerboat Dealership and Brokerage on the West Coast and I would like to know if I should be looking for a new job.
Old 11-30-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt.....don't be so sensitive. The person TunaStinky has a mouth like you. We don't know who it is (yet) but knows a bunch of us in SCOPE, and has been ribbing all of us.

Happy Thanksgiving.

(vacation? what's that all about???)

Old 12-01-2002, 12:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt,

While you were gone the Dick Simons banner went up, make sure to check it out.
Old 12-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Registered

Norty,
Im not being sensitive. Two things here. 1. Alot of people believe what they read on this board and negative comments bring negative results. That effects the overall opinion of the company and thus the overall opinion of its employees. As I am not an Employee, I am still selling DSM'S products and negative comment effect my rent payments. 2. Most important...If this place is going under I would like to know. I look at rumors with an open mind and if there is any truth to them I can spend 13 Hours a day somewhere else. Maybe I should make a few phone calls myself before blowing up!!!
Old 12-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Registered

(vacation? what's that all about???)

Hawaii for 5 days and Vegas for 3. Its amazing what the right girl will make you do!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Registered

IDRPSTF:

Don't sweat it. I saw that, and I could tell from the tone it was sarcasm. It is different if you are on the outside looking in. I know I would take EVERY comment about my business I saw too seriously. No one is gonna start thinking DSM is a "budget dealership" any time soon -- and certainly not because of a mystery man's post.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Registered

KS30- Its Amazing what a few phone calls to the right people can reveal!!!! Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.
Old 12-02-2002, 03:31 PM
Uncle Toys

Default Re: I.Q. Test to Post on OSO???

Originally posted by IDRPSTF

So, Ill ask again...Why was this posted? Why was it not deleted? Is this a common thought around the So Cal Boating area?
While you were gone we had a little orientation problem with a new member. It appears to have been worked out in a positive manner. If I remember that thread correctly, the entire thread was tongue-in-cheek (not an excuse, just what I remember).

I have only had one visit to DSM, a totally spontaneous visit with my wife, where we were handled very courteously and with total professionalism. As far as reputation, I thought the board has always spoken highly of DSM.

In the future, we all probably need to keep as thick a skin as we can tolerate. It is, after all, the internet.

p.s. bro, one of the threads that did get deleted while you were away, was the one where my wife said we need a bigger boat

Old 12-02-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

I dont know what thread got deleted...But you do need a bigger boat!!! I have a guy buying a Cig and needs to move his 353. The price is right. Considering the fact that Im running all over the globe within the next few weeks grabbing boats, Call me on my cell for details.

Matt i.e. Mr. Dish it out but cant take it!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey stuffdropper,can I have one of those "low budget" skaters you have parked out back? Delivered free of course

Quick Reply: I.Q. Test to Post on OSO???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.