Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Replace Bennett tabs with K planes? >

Replace Bennett tabs with K planes?

Notices

Replace Bennett tabs with K planes?

Old 07-23-2023, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Replace Bennett tabs with K planes?

Hello everyone,
I know this has been discussed a thousand times on this forum but I am wondering if this is a worthwhile upgrade for my particular boat. 2005 Concept 36 cuddy center console. Although the Bennett tabs work fine I feel like they are a little small for my boat length. They are probably around 15 inches in length and I feel like I have to drop the tabs quite a bit to smooth the ride out in choppy conditions. Also, it is a stern heavy setup with two Mercury 350s hanging out the back. Seems to me like this boat is a perfect candidate for 280s at least but I hate to spend the money and effort to upgrade unless it really helps the boat get through the chop. Iím on Lake of the Ozarks and itís rough on the main channel on the weekends and we like to travel to a lot of different places. Advice and suggestions are appreciated.

Old 07-23-2023, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Lenco electric
Old 07-23-2023, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 339 Posts

Alternatively if you turn a Merc eco out that might do it. My boat didnít need tabs turning out