Notices

Florida Powerboat Club

Old 12-02-2002, 11:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida Powerboat Club

I just returned from the Key West Poker Run with the Florida Powerboat Club. It was awesome! We had close to 100 boats running from Key West to Marathon on the return trip Monday morning. It was the most incredible feeling running offshore with all of the bad ass boats going 70-75 mph. Thanks to Stu Jones and his crew for an incredible job putting this together!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:32 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Cool, that would have been a great trip. We drove, maybe next year. Was it chilly out there?
Old 12-03-2002, 12:53 AM
Registered

Were you on the same trip that I was?

Actually this was one of Stu's best trips . Although I didn't get to run with the crowd that much on Tues. due to mech. breakdowns on friends boats that I waited with to make sure they made it home OK. On Fri.,I got to Sunshine Key too late and was NOT about to pull into the marinia with ALL those boats going in, and went to Boot Key Channel for drinks and fuel and into Key West in the dark. It was a GREAT trip with FPC. If anyone is interested in doing another trip with FPC, the Miami boat show run is pretty damn good. It usually goes to Islamarada and stays at Holiday Isle. This is a great trip!
Look for myself and a celeberity crew for that one, ahe WW

Robert
Old 12-03-2002, 07:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

TONTO, I was on the trip that left on tuesday, and returned the following Monday to Miami. It was great having almost a week to hang out in Key West with the boat and watching the races from 100 feet away in the channel! Was that your boat at the Marriot in Ft. Lauderdale after the poker run? If it is, you have a sweet ride!
Old 12-03-2002, 08:29 AM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Come on guy's. I've been waiting for some pics and no one has posted any yet. Not even in the FPC site.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Doug, Check out Boater31v ' s pictures on thread KET WEST PHOTOS poker run boats, or go to OSO Photos, Key West Races
Old 12-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Registered

Scarabfan
Thank you. Yes that was my boat at the Marriott in Ft. Laud. We didn't get back to the Marriott untill late on Tues as we were enjoying the Keys. On the way down, I was in Biscayne Bay waiting on the group and when it got to me, my friend had alittle trouble with his boat and we waited to make sure all was OK. Then we were behind all day.

Side note for all that might be playing in the middle keys in the future, there is NO 93 octane fuel in Snake Creek, you must go to Holiday Isle, they have it

Robert
Old 12-03-2002, 05:39 PM
WickedWon

Default Celebrity Crew?

Tonto, maybe a good boatwasher / fair mechanic and a very nice looking bow babe would be a little more accurate discription, anyway we are really pumped about riding with ya and your right, trying to follow you the first time would probably screw the trip up for both of us, me tearing up the wheels and skegs and you feeling guilty about it ! Hmmm, sweet 41 full stagger Apache, with the reigning tour king of skinny water Tiki Bars at the helm, man I can't wait till February !!! You bring the boat and I'll bring the bread, this is gonna be a hoot ! Jim & Mary

Old 12-04-2002, 08:05 AM
Banned

That was one Great run. One of the best I've been on. I'll be there for the Miami boat show run.

That Tonto is still my fav Apache. Robert does a great job with that boat. Boy I hurt myself on Duvall St. What a party.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:57 AM
ricklehe

Default Key West Pictures

Hi,

As of last Week pictures from our Key West Run are posted on the FPC site.
The URL is www.flpowerboat.com

Enjoy

Richard