Commentary: How Fast And How Much? >

Commentary: How Fast And How Much?

Notices

Commentary: How Fast And How Much?

Old 12-18-2023, 11:45 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,755 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Default Commentary: How Fast And How Much?

A noteworthy policy change, https://www.speedonthewater.com/comm...-and-how-much/
The following 2 users liked this post by Matt Trulio:
larslindroth (12-18-2023), techman (12-19-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 11:52 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

i always reply.....Not fast enough and Too much!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 12-18-2023, 12:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 251 Likes on 126 Posts

"How much gas does it use"......too much, have a nice day is my reply hahaha
Old 12-18-2023, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
"How much gas does it use"......too much, have a nice day is my reply hahaha
The "break out another thousand (while laughing)" comment is the best though. They think they are so funny like we have never heard it a thousand times before.
The following users liked this post:
BBYSTWY (12-19-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

IMO as one that went to a CC in 2019 speed is more of issue with respect to saftey especially for the operator of a center consule, and especially at LOTO where the water space and water conditions hurt occupnats if you don't know what your doing. The freedom to move about these boats while under speed and the unpredictable washboard should be considered essential. Of course its up to the captain and this should be a no-brainser, however at LOTO there are those that drive with no brains !!!
Old 12-18-2023, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have to ask you cant afford it
Old 12-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 449 Likes on 245 Posts

what you guys have gone woke too? let me guess no boat left behind....... we dont want a mph insecurity for those that are having troubles achieving mph and its also related to financial insecurity for some disadvantaged community members..... old school if you get your ass beat add more hp or buy a bigger faster boat!
The following 2 users liked this post by boostbros:
Diamond Dave (12-18-2023), tgorbett (12-18-2023)
Old 12-18-2023, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 295 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by boostbros
what you guys have gone woke too? let me guess no boat left behind....... we dont want a mph insecurity for those that are having troubles achieving mph and its also related to financial insecurity for some disadvantaged community members..... old school if you get your ass beat add more hp or buy a bigger faster boat!
Drunk posting doesn’t look good on you.
Old 12-19-2023, 07:47 AM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 209 Posts

since we are not testing the boats ourselves, we rely on manufacturers to provide those speeds and we report it that way.
Back to the article.

The good old days of boating magazines....now decades ago, when boat testing was an industry. Remember those head to head manufacturer tests? Performance #'s with stock power that were usually spot on and MSRP's that were realistic 5-6 figures....not 7. I miss it.

The price to enter into this hobby has become rarified air. Manufacturers are desperate to guard their IP and afraid to publish anything in this age of social media that will become fodder for the trolls. It is very different now.
The following 6 users liked this post by techman:
1983ScarabIII (12-19-2023), hblair (12-20-2023), IGetWet (12-19-2023), Knot 4 Me (12-19-2023), madflavors26 (12-19-2023), TrippM (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
Back to the article.

The good old days of boating magazines....now decades ago, when boat testing was an industry. Remember those head to head manufacturer tests? Performance #'s with stock power that were usually spot on and MSRP's that were realistic 5-6 figures....not 7. I miss it.

The price to enter into this hobby has become rarified air. Manufacturers are desperate to guard their IP and afraid to publish anything in this age of social media that will become fodder for the trolls. It is very different now.

THIS^^^^^^^

Remember when you could get a brand new 42 Fountain for 200K with blue motors?

How fast? Valid question

How much fuel? Valid question

How much? Tacky............but honestly I would want to be happy for the guy not think "wow that guy just blew a million bucks on something that will be worth 1/2 in a couple years?"

I live in center console ground zero. HCB 3 million dollar CCs, Vahala (Viking's CC line) are literally everywhere then you get the SeaVees, Contenders, Yellowfins, Jupiters, all nice boats but come on not for 500-1mm! I see a new Formula 500SS or whatever they call it idle by and I think that guy must really like boating (Boat is ugly as fvck, its not fast yet burns a ton of fuel and oh yeah it will take forever to sell). I thought the 400SS was a stunner, mix in a pair of 525's and it had some speed to go with it vs. a bad platform with a bunch of OB's bolted to it.

There have been a few really mint old school sportfishes for sale. One Merritt had pedigree ownership, came with a binder holding receipts for 10mm in work yet you could buy the whole boat for less than 2mm. Another smaller day boat had 800K in receipts and boat is currently asking 299K. I was thinking if I got those boats for FREE I couldn't afford to own them! Granted they were both wood boats, which tend to be heavier on maintenance but these two are showstoppers. My point: Even the best of the best get old and become "anchors" for the owners.
The following users liked this post:
techman (12-19-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.