AJ Fisher (Adam), OSO member: Injured & GoFundMe >

AJ Fisher (Adam), OSO member: Injured & GoFundMe

Notices

AJ Fisher (Adam), OSO member: Injured & GoFundMe

Old 02-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts
Default AJ Fisher (Adam), OSO member: Injured & GoFundMe

Did anyone hear about Adam being in a bad accident. I don’t trust anything on Facebook.
Old 02-08-2024, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOval
Did anyone hear about Adam being in a bad accident. I don’t trust anything on Facebook.

AJ Fisher?
Old 02-08-2024, 05:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Geez, I hope not.
Old 02-08-2024, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

Real or not?
Old 02-08-2024, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/up-adam-a...ource=customer

Old 02-08-2024, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

https://www.gofundme.com/f/up-adam-a...ource=customer
Old 02-08-2024, 08:11 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

great guy! Damn
Old 02-09-2024, 11:27 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Adam is a great guy. We've had many phone conversations as he knows a lot of the inside scuttlebutt at GM since he works there.
His Mom's posts on his condition, on Facebook, are public:

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.w.hopkins.1

He has a long road ahead. I truly feel for he and his family.

Please consider donating.
Old 02-09-2024, 07:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I don't have Facebook, maybe someone can copy and paste an update for those of us that don't play?
Old 02-09-2024, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

UPDATE 16: 2/9 @ 7:30p, overall good day! PT is expecting the walking cast/boot tomorrow but in the meantime the worked with him using the walker. We aren’t allowed to walk him using it until the walking cast is on. His appetite is slowly coming back & he ate well today. His long term memory recall amazes us! We talked about things from childhood today. OT gave him mazes & word searches to help exercise his brain. Other than the pressure in his head, ringing in his right ear and loss of hearing in the right ear he doesn’t complain about much. He’s also slowly making connections about the accident & its contributing factors. As of today, the dr are anticipating a move to RIM (Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan) on Monday. Still waiting on the duration from the insurance.

UPDATE 15: 2/9 @ 10:50a, So the ortho team put his leg in a splint last night. They said his case is right on the fence where they think it might heal on its own but they seem to be leaning towards surgery to prevent early onset of arthritis. The attending physician for ortho was in around 7:30 this morning & it looks like he’s not going to need surgery, praise the Lord! They’re going to fit him sometime today with a walking cast/boot. I brought in some lemon poppyseed muffins & mini loft house cookies & he’s already been into both. Speech was in this morning & worked with him on problem solving, he did great! If you haven’t seen it or aren’t aware, a gofundme has been started to help with all things related to Adams medical care. If you feel led to contribute great, if not that’s ok too! We’re beyond blessed by your continued presence, support & prayers throughout this journey!

UPDATE 14: 2/8 @ 9:50p, Adam finally ate pretty good today. Whole piece of sausage and 3/4 bowl of oatmeal. He had some Subway chocolate chip cookies at lunch & really liked them, and ate pretty good (with much coaxing) at dinner. His face looks much better today as the swelling is gone & mostly limited to the surgical site. Restless during the night & kept getting up even after being told to stay in bed. His right knee is pretty bruised & from there to his ankle has been swollen. The dr finally listened & ordered an X-ray of his ankle only to discover it’s broken!! The very bottom of the fibula is broken in 2 places. It’s hasn’t bothered him when walking because it isn’t a weight bearing bone, but when he twists/turns/pivots the ankle that’s a problem. There are ligaments that attach it to the other bones in the foot & if they’re torn or detached he’ll need to have surgery to have rods & pins placed. A second set of x-rays putting stress on the ankle will be done to determine what needs to happen next. On a positive note, his headaches and nausea have been minimal! Cait is staying in the room with him tonight as they’ve asked for her help in watching him. I think his incision is starting to itch & he’s preoccupied with the staples plus doesn’t remember he can’t get out of bed right now. Thank you for your continued prayers & support!

UPDATE 13: 2/7 @ 11a, Adam had a good night according to the nurses. Ate a “little” bit of his breakfast which is better than none so we’ll take it! Speech Therapy worked with him on recognizing everyday objects & finding the right word to complete simple phrases. Words are locked away right now & he has to find a way to unlock them. It’s frustrating for him. He walked 1 lap around the unit with his Dad & I and then again with PT/OT. This is going to be a long, hard, frustrating road for Adam and it’s going to require a LOT of work.

UPDATE 12: 4:27p, Adam has been transferred out of Neuro ICU to a regular medical floor. He’s progressed medically to a point they feel he no longer requires “critical” care. We also were told they’ll be fitting him with a helmet that he has to wear all the time to protect his brain while he’s healing.

UPDATE 11: 2/6 @ 11:25a, the nurse is here doing an EKG so I’m going to use the break to let everyone know what’s going on. Yesterday was a lot for Adam, it really wore him out & the doctors feel he was overstimulated - which for a TBI patient isn’t good. They’re asking us to limit visitors for now to immediate family only. As much as we know you all love & are worried about Adam, we ask that for the time being, please contact myself, Jim or Cait before traveling down to visit. Adams not eating right now, he doesn’t really have an appetite but we’re encouraging him to try different things to find something he can tolerate. He’s got a constant headache & nausea (common side effects of TBI) which doesn’t help. The CT scan from last night looked good so the JP Drain in his head was removed. There’s still swelling at the surgical site which is to be expected. After the Dr saw him they said he’s doing well enough to go to a regular medical floor so we’ll be doing that sometime today. Thank you again for all your love, support & prayers it’s so very appreciated!

UPDATE 10: 2/6 @ 1:27a, sorry I fell asleep when I got to the hotel. Adam had a full day yesterday. Started out like gang busters but by afternoon he was pretty tired. He was seen by speech therapy, he’s got some speech aphasia. Either can’t think of the word he needs, uses the wrong word or latches onto a word & uses it repeatedly. Very frustrating for him. He also walked a short distance in the hall with physical therapy. He was approved for a full, regular diet so whenever he gets his appetite he can have whatever he wants. He can’t hear out of his right ear (same side as the skull fracture) and will be having a CT of the inner ear sometime during the night along with his regular every 12 hr CT. Keep those prayers coming!

UPDATE 9: 12:50p, cervical collar is off the the PICC line is out! He’s resting now. Trying to figure out how he woke up in the state he was in is exhausting.

UPDATE 8: 1030a, breathing tube out, NG tube out, Foley catheter out. We’re making progress this morning!! He has no memory of what happened so is asking lots of questions, some of which we just can’t answer. We’re just so thankful he’s still with us! Praise God!

UPDATE 7: 2/5 @ 7:30a, HE’S AWAKE! He’s writing up a storm on a clipboard with all kinds of questions! His CT overnight was good & they want to take the breathing tube out this morning. A few of the neuro dr have been in to examine him & say he looks good.

UPDATE 6: 8p, Adam’s in a room in the Neuro ICU. He’s on a lower dose of Fentanyl than in the ER & they will continue to lower the dose in an effort to wean him off. He’s resting comfortably (which is what they’d like him to do) & will have another CT scan sometime during the night. The dr said it’s going to be a long road to recovery. Possibly 2 months in the hospital before moving to a rehab facility. Thank you for all the prayers & support, it’s been amazing to see all the comments coming in. We all appreciate it. Keep the prayers coming please, we’re going to need every last one. Hoping to not have to post another update until morning. It’s been a very long day.

UPDATE 5: 3p, he’s out of surgery, the surgeon said the procedure went well, they removed the hematoma & inserted a drain tube. His platelets are very low so they’re giving him more. There’s bruising & quite a bit of fluids oozing that they’re going to watch. He’ll be in recovery for a couple hours before he’s awake enough for visitors then he’ll be going to Neuro ICU.

UPDATE 4: 1p, they took him to the OR at 12:45 & should start about 1:15. Estimated to take 1.5-2.5 hrs.

UPDATE 3: 11:45a, the surgeon said they need to do a craniotomy. They said that since the amount of blood increased between the first & second scan there’s a chance the it will continue to bleed and pressure from the hematoma will cause the brain to swell which can cause herniation into the brain stem. He will go in about an hour.

UPDATE 2: I’m back with Adam now & talked to the neurology resident. Adam has a skull fracture at his right temple, that’s also where the bleed is. He has another injury behind his right ear that was bleeding and one more on the corner of the left side of his forehead at the hairline. Fentanyl is turned off again to bring him out of sedation so the Neurosurgeon can examine him.

UPDATE 1: 2/4 @ 10:30a, I just got here, 3rd CAT scan shows no increase in the bleed for the moment. Dr. says he’ll remain in the ER since they have no rooms available. I got a call this morning at 5:15 AM that my oldest son, Adam Fisher, was in an accident last night/this morning & is in the hospital in Detroit. He took a really hard hit to the head (from a punch or the ground IDK) & has a brain bleed & is currently sedated on life support. I’m on my way to Detroit now. His dad is there now. He’s critical with a 15mm brain bleed. He did respond when they took him off the fentanyl to bring him up out of sedation. They are doing another CAT scan again at 9:00am to see if they need to do surgery. Please pray for him, for the doctors and for our family.
The following 2 users liked this post by offshorexcursion:
Indy (02-09-2024), Plowtownmissile (03-28-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.