Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco? >

Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco?

Notices

Anyone want to sell their aluminum Myco?

Old 04-28-2024, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 619 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
It's actually in Arizona (Lake Havasu). And I'm actually ok with the other stuff in the quote. But 10k to strip, primer and paint? That seems a bit excessive.

I got a solid 5 years out of my Trail Rite steel trailer under my Baja running in salt water and stored outdoors near the beach the whole time. Finally broke down and had it rebuilt at the 5 year mark, not because of super bad rust or bunks falling off but because the paint was faded and chalky and I wanted to put new hubs and brakes on. I've seen guys out here run steel trailers in the ocean for 15 years. Rust spots and wear and tear? Absolutely. But still runnin'. Still going. It's all about how you flush and clean them. I always sprayed the trailer down upon launching and then sprayed it down with salt away super good upon retrieving. Buddy had a white steel Myco under his Cafe out here back in the late 90's. Then moved to Florida. Last I saw it a couple years ago, same steel myco never been refurbished. in and out of the ocean, couple rust spots but nothing detrimental. With all that said, I'd rather have an aluminum trailer for the ocean.
Wow that’s some impressive longevity, I guess the salt away and spraying down helped a bunch .

Were those steel c channel trailers ?

I bought my 31 Ocean Pro direct drive parasail boat from CWS out of Havasus in 98. They delivered it on a steel trailer but I had paid for a galvanized steel trailer. They said use it we will bring you your trailer soon. I dipped it almost everyday and a year later they brought my trailer and theirs was hardly worth towing back to Havasu.

My small galvanized tubing trailers I launched daily that held my inflatable shuttle boat didn’t fair well as they rusted from the inside out in a few spots after a couple years.

I guess my commercial use and lack of rinsing didn’t fare well on my behalf lol.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 3,103 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Wow that’s some impressive longevity, I guess the salt away and spraying down helped a bunch .

Were those steel c channel trailers ?

I bought my 31 Ocean Pro direct drive parasail boat from CWS out of Havasus in 98. They delivered it on a steel trailer but I had paid for a galvanized steel trailer. They said use it we will bring you your trailer soon. I dipped it almost everyday and a year later they brought my trailer and theirs was hardly worth towing back to Havasu.

My small galvanized tubing trailers I launched daily that held my inflatable shuttle boat didn’t fair well as they rusted from the inside out in a few spots after a couple years.

I guess my commercial use and lack of rinsing didn’t fare well on my behalf lol.
yeah, C channel. I do believe staying on top of them is important. Makes all
then difference but no matter what, eventually the salt is gonna do its work to a steel trailer.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 480 Likes on 249 Posts

Tank just post the same ad in the beware and stolen section, maybe omit the word (their)
Old 04-28-2024, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by outonsafari
Tank just post the same ad in the beware and stolen section, maybe omit the word (their)
lol. Don’t need one that bad!
Old 04-28-2024, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I had an evolution built for my old 2000 top gun. That trailer was amazing. They built it then even delivered it to Illinois for an additional fee. I ordered it through a dealer in Florida.

Last edited by SNSTER; 04-28-2024 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Added photos
The following 2 users liked this post by SNSTER:
J-Bonz (04-28-2024), techman (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 115 Posts

SNSTER, nice trailer.

Canada has ridiculous prices. Or I'd be tempted to fab one up.

My 15k C channel steel trailer has never seen salt. But it'll get an exclusive salt diet now.

4" channel if prepped and painted well should last a while. I can always replace members etc.

PNW...my experience is the channel trailers last a long time in salt. Maybe less heat+humidity?

I need to build a trailer for my 233 as well. Going with channel with thicker web than standard also helps out long term...but adds weight with less strength than going to a 5" channel.

Tank, Roger the I-Beam Alum twist issues. Likely an exponential problem on longer hulls for sure.

Art
Old 04-29-2024, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 412 Likes on 245 Posts

Hot dip galvanizing is what almost all dock builders do here. Dipper up in Glasgow, MO. Monning Industries 660-338-2242
Old 04-29-2024, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SNSTER
I had an evolution built for my old 2000 top gun. That trailer was amazing. They built it then even delivered it to Illinois for an additional fee. I ordered it through a dealer in Florida.

That thing is AWESOME!! EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Want to sell it? lol
Old 04-29-2024, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 900 Likes on 489 Posts

I'd dunk the steel one until it falls apart and wait to find a deal.
Old 04-29-2024, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 12 Posts

I already sold it lol. Sold the boat last year and the trailer went with it.

Originally Posted by thisistank
That thing is AWESOME!! EXACTLY what I’m looking for. Want to sell it? lol
The following users liked this post:
thisistank (04-29-2024)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.