Notices

APBA or SBI

Old 12-07-2002, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys,Your seeing the Bigger and Better Picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All great valid points. Write them all down and bring them.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Bob,I hope we can have that problem with 85-90 race boats.Series sponsers,WOW!
Old 12-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Registered

bob,
i am sure we can further dicuss this at the meeting but rulle # 8. this does not line the pockets of the promoter. those fees go to apba wich set off the cost of advertisement and other things. sigle race event registration is already in place. it is lower for p class.
what we do in the central division is let just say we have no sponsors for prize money that particular race. if say 5 boats show up for 1 class then that money is totaled up and dispursed as prize money at the end of the race. this will make it so more p class or any other classes will grow bigger faster. everbody will feel they put something in and got something in return. all walk away happy. as per rules use the rules we already have set in place. if we wish to add another class such as the 21 outboard class ( that i started in 13 years ago) we are allowed to do so.

Treadwell
Old 12-07-2002, 03:21 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric, RonP, Augie, and anyone else who wants to listen.
Adding another class to an already bloated line up is, like you said, " a throw back to the stone age".
A "21 Outboard Class" is, I assume, 21' boats with a single outboard. Nice entry level class. They have that in Europe, them smart bastards.
You could pile all of the Super Vee and Super Vee Light Twins and Singles along with the Super Cat Lights, outboards and inboards into the "P Classes". Vee's against Cats, oh my!
Now you have a managable line up that even the most unknowledgable fan can understand not to mention GREAT RACING with more than 2-4 boats in a class.

"Super Cat"
"Factory Two"
"Factory One"
"P Classes"
I've been wanting to say this for a long time.
Regards, Russ Withiam
Old 12-07-2002, 04:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Russ,Thanks and any and all input is welcome!
Old 12-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RUSS

Dont you feel better now?....Let it all out
Old 12-07-2002, 06:35 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

I watched the SBI Worlds this afternoon and I couldn't help, more than ever, feeling the way I do.

2 boats for the Manufacturer One WORLD Champion Title?
Sorry, Typhoon, but a Captain Carbonell Secret Decoder World Champion means nothing. SBI is a desperate chance for an old fat man to make money at other peoples (fans and racers) expense. This guy could care less about anyone but him. Well, maybe Reggie. He needs Reggie. And Reggie needs him. What, only 25 boats at the SBI/Fountain National event in North Carolina. A disgrace to the sport.

What Carbonell is doing for Offshore is nothing.
It is for his benefit. Not the fans or the racers.
What you Jersey Boys can do is set the pace. Make a nice simple race format. Basically, run what you brung and do it in a "P Class" fashion.
Six classes. Three on Saturday and three on Sunday. Chances of getting a Super Cat turn out is slim as they are probably concentrating on National points. But hey, if one or two show up, P-1. What I'm trying to say is racers who want to RACE, want the competition.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Guys, it costs quite a bit to put on a race, some where around 15K when you add up the cost of the cranes, pit area, Chopper(s) INSURANCE, trophies, parties and more. This is not counting the prize purse.

Will racers really race with no prize purse??? Would you prefer to get some tow money based on distance traveled. Sponsor money is hard to come by and the one thing they want is a large boat count. Would tow money help to bring a larger fleet or would a larger purse bring a larger fleet?
Old 12-07-2002, 07:03 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Tow money will get racers to come. A friend use to race 2.5 Litre Hydros. He was not a competitive racer nor was his boat. But he raced for four years trying to become a better racer. Money and bad luck finally got the best of him and he stopped going.
But he always mentioned the "show money". The further he traveled to the event, the more "show money" he received. It helped keep his interest and brought more racers the the race.
Oh yeah, the number of classes in roundy round racing is far less than the "Me and 4 other guys have similar boats, so can you have a class for us?" Offshore Racing.
Did some one say Poker Run?
Sorry, I've been couped up in this cabin way to long and I DO love Offshore Racing.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Registered

Hey Ron..HOW YOU DOIN

I cant speak for anyone else, but Im not in it for the prize money.
Cause I never win any way .Im just a CRASH TEST DUMMY,
remember?
But seriously, I know some teams rely the prize money to subsidize their expenses, but I think in the P classes, its more like recreational racing and while the prize money is great, most of us would race anyway, even if there wasnt any.

RUSS...keep it comin, your doin great

Quick Reply: APBA or SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.