Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers >

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Notices

Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Old 12-04-2002, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Ok folks, I guess I'll get this party started.

we've been chatting on several threads about the upcoming race season. And in an effort not to complicate things with SBI and APBA scheduling, I am starting this thread to let everyone know that we (The Jersey Boyz) in Conjunction with OPA and NJ offshore, are trying to work up a racing program that will give everyone an opportunity to race and help the sport grow and allow us to continue with our passion for racing.

In the near future, we will announce a meeting where we would welcome all who are interested in getting involved. Whether you want to race or just be a part of the association and join in the fun and activities. And even volunteer your time as a patrol boat, medical, or security.

We are currently speaking with different venues and sponsors that may be interested in putting on a race in their backyards.

Additionally, as was stated previously in another thread, we will be speaking to other racing bodies as well, within a reasonable traveling distance to bring our boats to them and have them do the same. If you are from any of these bodies, feel free to jump in with some ideas. We would love to come to the Great Lakes and also Come down to Maryland just to name a few.

With regards to classes, we are not sure how we would set that up yet. This is why we need input from you all. Right now we would probably maintain P class rules, slightly modified. If there are many F boats, then we would consider keeping those classes as well. But more likely, we will fit them into a P class.

So....NUFF said.... LETS hear your thoughts

BRUCE SEROFF...Jersey boy
Old 12-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Bruce, what is the date for the meeting?
Old 12-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

Bruce,
SOME THOUGHTS.....

One thing i notice in the sport is that the persons involved are making the rules....not sure if this is such a great answer.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm not sure how many F boats you will get to run in P class. there maybe more now that the F rules have changed for 2003?

most motorsports work regional racing as a stepping stone to the pro circut...boat racing seems to have a lot of the opposite in it....a lot of racers seem to go from the regionals to the pro's back to the regionals...

i guess ya just have to look at what your goals are short and long term. what do you want to do with this sport? who are you racing for?

i was kinda dissapointed to see the bad boy F2 boat not built for either the APBA or the SBI rules...Or to take full advantage of them anyway. As the field grows in APBA (i have no idea about SBI) so does the prize money...but more importantly it's much more attractive for sponsors!!!

do your think your efforts would be better spent in adding to the SBI or APBA pro series?

AGAIN,,,just thoughts to provoke more thoughts!
Old 12-04-2002, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bruce,

most of us from around here ran us offshore at one time or another but eventually went to apba. having sbi sanction the races for you has obiously done nothing for boat count because the majarity of those guy's realy don't travel much. if they were sanctioned by apba it would do you much better. it would give the guy's around here a place to race. it would take a year or two to bring the numbers were they used to be but it would take off pretty fast. i fyou run it like the great lakes that the majarity of the prize money went to the factory classes then the people would show up and the manufactures will help back the races. have the rest of the money go to p class and if any bigger classes show up they would just run for points and trophies.

plenty of people around here to help do it. just waiting for the right decision i guess.

Treadwell
Old 12-05-2002, 12:50 AM
Registered

Ron P.
We dont have a date yet. Smitty is working on that and should let us know pretty soon.

Joey and Eric,
Your opinions and concerns are well received. I dont personally know you guys, but it sounds to me that you have been in this sport longer than I have. So all the ideas that you have are eagerly accepted. once we get everyone's input , we will have a foundation to build upon. Keep in touch, Im sure it will all come together and we will have a large stepping stone toward a successful season.

Bruce
Old 12-05-2002, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Bruce you know I'm there!Eddie and I were talking yesterday along with Kurt and we feel we should have a meeting before the Holidays to get this rolling! What do you ALL think? Give Smitty a call or E-Mail or myself at ([email protected] or 201-863-3560) and we'll try to keep everyone informed.Getting a lot of intrested people,hope it keeps up so we can have a great season,but we're gonna need a lot of help from everyone,but I feel it will all be worth it.Guys,Ladies we need everyone and anyone that wants to race or just be part of this.
Old 12-05-2002, 08:55 AM
Registered

Auggie, I spoke to Smitty yesterday too. I told him Im ready anytime. My schedule is flexible..
Old 12-05-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

There is a Northeast Division in APBA already in place. Why not run under that flag? Look what GLOPRA has done with the Silver Cup Series in the Central Division.
Just a thought.

Strike
Old 12-05-2002, 09:23 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Strike, APBA NE? Where are the races and who is in charge of it?
From what I can tell, neither exists.

This group will be the NE division of APBA or SBI depending on who they choose to race under... or they could stand alone as OPA if that makes more sense.

They are asking for input from the racers in the area that would consider attending these races.

This is not a new Club, these races have taken place for the last few years under OPA as the NE division of SBI. Before that it was US Offshore, and before that it was APBA NE division.

Make your voice heard!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2002, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Bruce,there's only one "G" in Augie,ha,ha! Hey STRIKE,we as The Jersey Boyz Offshore Racing Crews are looking for input from just about anyone who would like to get envolved with the NE racing circuit whether it be racing,patrol boats,medical or general knowledge.We are looking to expand the size of the fleet of race boats and welcome all to race and or participate any way they can. Eddie Smith from the world famous race boat"WAZZUP" will be setting up a meeting in the very near future to go over a lot of the details and you are more than welcome to attend or give us any imput you may have. Regards Augie

Quick Reply: Jersey Boyz Calling All Racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.