Need suggestions .. remote car starters >

Need suggestions .. remote car starters

Notices

Need suggestions .. remote car starters

Old 12-08-2002, 07:18 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to get a system that works well with passlockIII (newer GM) security. Many do not. DEI is excellent, I believe they also make the Arctic Start system too, which I have installed with success.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Registered

For the cars that have factory immobilizer circuits (chip inside of key) I do have the modules needed to bypass during the remote start function. The immobilizer still provides full protection yet the module allows the vehicle to start even though there is a factory security device in place.

I have detailed wiring location and color codes for just about all vehicles. When I provide the unit, you should have no problem installing easily.

For Dodge Rams, around 96 to 01, last generation, I have alarm and remote start systems that include plug in harnesses designed for alarm, remote start and keyless entry. These were manufactured for Mopar and are leftovers from that generation. My guys can install the complete prewire in just under one hour meeting dealership standards. These units come with factory style fuse box, wiring pre-loomed, lengthed and terminated, and plug in t harness door locks. I have about 50 left of these. They cost OSO members $125.00 including sensors, color cases in many colors, etc. They used to sell to dealers uninstalled for more than double that. Once they are gone, they are gone.

I have timers and all the rest of the good stuff from DEI in stock as well as a brand you can see at www.ultrastarters.com that are less expensive.

Email [email protected] with whatever you need.

Andy Buzz

Buzz
Old 12-08-2002, 12:26 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

a friend of mine killed teh electrical system in his porsche with one of those remote starter systems.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:52 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

GO WITH THE VIPER, I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MINE AND IT WAS REASONABLE PRICE WISE... I ALWAYS USE IT... EVEN WHEN I'M THREE FEET FROM THE DOOR, I JUST CLICK IT AND HOP IN! IT IS GREAT IN BOTH THE SUMMER AND THE WINTER, JUST LEAVE THE A/C OR HEAT ON AND LET HER GET GOING BEFORE YA HOP IN....

Last edited by Tbonepmp; 12-08-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 04:51 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

As was said before stay away from Bulldog. Cheap units. I would stick with any of the name brand alarm companies.

The ones I install have internal relays which makes for a much neater install. Not to mention less chance of something happening.

Bypassing today's ignition systems are not that big a deal with the right bypass modules.

I have even installed several remote starts on diesels. Something most people don't know is available.

Remote start installs is about all I'll be doing from now until Christmas at my shop.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I have talked others here on OSO through such installs on more then one occasion. If you need any bypass modules I have those in stock also.

Buck
Old 12-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Mark

Yeah, 00 Sierra, I think is a Passlock3 also. I believe it is safe to figure if it is a new body style then it needs to be passlock3 compatible or have the external relay setup.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by mcollinstn
Mark

Yeah, 00 Sierra, I think is a Passlock3 also. I believe it is safe to figure if it is a new body style then it needs to be passlock3 compatible or have the external relay setup.
'00 Sierra is a Passlock 2.

I can fax anyone schematics on any vehicle they need....just PM me and tell me what you have.

Buck
Old 12-09-2002, 12:39 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Audiofn
Andy is RIGHT ON THE MONEY with the DEI units. They have external relays, are a little harder to put in HOWEVER they just plain always WORK.

Jon

VIPER "DEI" I've never had a problem with
and yes Jon's right you need to know what your doing
when you install. There suppose to be dealer installed
Old 12-09-2002, 11:35 PM
Registered

I have an extensive database of wire location and color codes to facilitate the install of a remote starter. I provide this to anyone that purchases on of my remote starters to ease the install. Most cars are straight forward. If you are curious wheather yours is easy or not simply send private message.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:13 PM
russ7r

Andy Buzz how about the price for the remote starter for an 03 F350 Diesel? I would want one to unlock the doors also. I have a remote unlock now just wanted it all on one remote.

I put a BullDog system in my 01 Dodge and it worked great without any problems.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions .. remote car starters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.