Notices

Apache vs. Cigarette

Old 12-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spitfire1, are you going to put the Apache 41 on your Christmas list ?? A classic will hold its value, it just takes time. Try going out and buying a 67 Vette.

We need to do some boating !!!!
Old 12-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

I dont want to turn this thread into a steps vs. no steps discussion...but if we are going to discuss this, are you guys trying to say that when the seas get rough, there isnt a stepped hull out there that can hang with a non stepper??? I find that hard to believe.......whether we like it or not...it seems that this is the way hull technology seems to be going....and if you dont keep up with the latest and greatest...you are going to be left behind......
Old 12-08-2002, 10:02 AM
Registered

Hey Greg.......I wanted to get out today...but it doesnt look like the weather is going to hold out......this is the other hole that I have been throwing my money into....only this one is on land....
Attached Thumbnails Apache vs. Cigarette-money-pit.jpg  
Old 12-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to change the topic, just trying to see what steps are thought of. All the new Cigs have steps. I would agree they are faster in the right water, but what happens when it gets a little nasty. I think a straight deep-V bottom would be what you wanted. Just thinking out loud. I guess I'm a little old school.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:15 AM
1350SC

CASHBRAIN

I THINK YOU HAVE SOME GREAT IDEAS, BUT MY POINT IS NOT THAT YOU HAVE NOT PUT YOUR BOATS IN THE WATER OR THAT YOU HAVE, BUT MY POINT IS THAT UNTIL YOU HAVE BUILT RIGGED DRIVEN AND OWNED A PATICULAR BOAT SHUT UP. I HAVE BEEN IN BOATING FOR A LONG TIME AND BY FAR NO EXPERT. YOU HAVE ALL OF A SUDDEN BECOME AN EXPERT ON EVERYTHING PERTAINING TO BOATING, BUILDING BOATS, BOAT BUILDERS, ETC. ETC.

JUST REMEMBER OPINIONS ARE LIKE ASSH---- EVERYONE HAS ONE.

Old 12-08-2002, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 253 Likes on 101 Posts

spitfire 1,
i cannot say that a non step would be faster in rough water , however i do know that a non step is just as fast in rough water without all the quirks associated with them.

kaama82 9600 lbs is on the lighter end, but beam should also be considered, certainly a 7 foot beam boat of the same weight is going to ride better that a 9'6" boat .

iceangel, yes they are marketing, and not all new products are better than the ones they replaced.

funny how on the great lakes you still do not see that many cats. out there, the deep vee still is the right combo for the water conditions here.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:29 AM
1350SC

Then slow down on your opinions on everything. Comments are great but you are ready to fight with every one on this board to make your point. This is suppost to be fun and informative.

Last edited by 1350SC; 12-08-2002 at 10:32 AM.

Old 12-08-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

In order for Apache to regain market share they are obviously going to have to bring in new technology and ideas...I think that this is what Bobby S. and Eric are working on....whether or not that includes stepped bottom hulls I guess we will see........the Apache will always be a classic...no doubt...but will the old ones continue to hold their value.....thats debateable..

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-08-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking LOL

Originally posted by IceAngel
Again...Steps are a marketing strategy

HMMMMMMMMM............PRIOR TO HITCHING UP WITH "THE ILLUSTRIOUS ONE" IN AUGUST 2002 DID YOU KNOW WHAT STEPS WERE?
Old 12-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

According to Sean, the only reason a step isn't faster than a non step in the rough is because you can only push the boat so hard. At that point it becomes a matter of handling. The non step will out handle the step in his opinion.

Now as for the point I am trying to make: No one wants to replace the classic Apache, but just as Ford did with the Mustang, a more up to date version would prove to be just as successful. Am I wrong or would a few updates in the technology and a killer marketing strategy atleast put Apache back in contention with Cigarette?

Quick Reply: Apache vs. Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.