Notices

Apache vs. Cigarette

Old 12-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But I have also sold a bunch of high horsepower Cigs for 500k plus.....
Old 12-08-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

I love both Cigs and Apaches. We got a firsthand Apache experience with Robert on Tonto, arguably the best 41 remaining of the originals. Apache is a snapshot in time, their moment in history, which will be difficult to recreate.

I wish those involved in the new project the best of luck in their endeavors, but I personally don't think the market is there for the new Apache. It's unfortunate that the whole Apache thing got so fragmented which is why I don't think you'll ever have somebody walk in and buy that entity (whoever really owns Apache), like Skip Braver did with Cigarette. Cigarette may have had its ups and downs, but it has remained in tact and is still alive and kicking.

I personally am completely turned off by people claiming ownership. relationship and the second coming of the best thing since sliced bread. When the boats are actually built and raced, then we'll see if they can regain any of their old standing and heritage. Until then, it is all just talk, talk, talk and more talk, and I'm bored with it. Enough of the cheerleading, show us the boats!! In closing, this is not intended to offend anyone (the standard disclaimer) this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Dean
Old 12-08-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Well that is a good point.....It will always boil down to what you originally paid for the boat....and what you had to throw at it subsequent......I guess I am wrestling with this because I am considering moving over to an older Apache and out of my Cig....I know what I paid for my Top Gun and what I put into it....so I am trying to project out a couple of years and get an idea as to what kind of interest there will be for an average 41 Apache....I dont believe that the guys that own even the pristine boats aforementioned will even get their money out of em.....so it all comes down to personal satisfaction I guess...........
Old 12-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see no way that those guys will get a fraction of there money back. But then look at what it would cost to build a triple engine, 6 bolster, with 6's, provided it could be built nowadays to the standard they were built back then.
Saber28 the boat i'm talking about has a 8 ft beam, so is 9600 lbs. considered light for a 41 foot boat.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default INVESTMENT

we bought our boat not as a monitary investment but as an entertainment investment. We dont expect to make money on our boat, all toys eventually go down in value. We hope to get years of enjoyment out of her. The price of the new 42 WARRIOR is going to be at a level were few will be able to reach. So I'll be buying a classic 41 already mint or I'll make it mint.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 251 Likes on 100 Posts

yes too old , there are not that many buyers out there. but a hardcore boater knows the product and its worth, thats why i still cannot afford one!

yes if i was a boat salesman, i would rather sell cigs.

bottom line is the market will always be there. lets face it there is not to many revolutionary things that can be invented that would change boating radically.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

kaama82,

would you be talking about SABER's 41?
Old 12-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I caught your attention..
Old 12-08-2002, 12:20 PM
Registered

Right Nykamp, that is the market thats left, the best of whats left out there and what you do with it once you own it.

I kick myself for not checking into Geronimo when it was avail.
Keeping in mind if we ever do look into the right Apache it will be in addition to, not in place of the Cig. Best of both worlds.

Dean
Old 12-08-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

BTW too old,

love the classic lines of the mistress, my boat is styled similarly....flat deck, straight transom, etc. this will NEVER go out of style.

remember, once you can't buy it again the value goes up!!

Quick Reply: Apache vs. Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.