Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive??? >

Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Notices

Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Old 12-11-2002, 06:11 PM
DEVIL MAN

Myself....I would be off on a mad dash to Vegas....and being a sports trivia nut, would somehow pick all the sports teams to win their championships (yeah Audio....I know, the Celts won in 62) I would pick the league MVP's and all that junk....after pocketing a million bucks, it would be off to Miami to hook up with my new partner, Don Aronow (would never go for a car ride with him) but I might slip in the idea of a stepped hull and counter rotation drives and see if I could straighten him out a bit.....ah, life would be fine....after that I would invest my money and buy the Lakers from Jack Kent Cooke. I would give Kreskin a run for his money!!!

Then I would open up my own stand up comedy routine in the late 60's.....and the D is for Dice Clay!!!!! Can you imagine Dice in the 60's??? Probably land me in jail!!!! Then to top it off, in 1998, I would open up a website on the net....OSO!!!!!!! Instead of the DMan, I would be the Board God!!!!!! The King Poodle would be bored out of his mind!!!!!!!!!

DMan...and the D is for Delerious!!

Old 12-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you say SNAPPLE!!!!!

Mattyboy
Old 12-11-2002, 06:20 PM
Registered

The first thing I would do is tell JFK to stay away from texas next year, then I would call Don and tell him to be careful who he deal's with in the upcoming years. Then I would find Mr. Fountain and give him a thousand dollars to help start a boat company.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:48 PM
pimpthis.com
Charter Member

I would become a PIMP.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Intolerant1

Me and some friends would smuggle our guns on some flights that left Sept.11. Never bring a box cutter to a gun fight.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Allan4

You guys have some cool responses. Myself, I would convince Ray Kroc of McDonalds that I would oversee, advise and contribute as a silent partner to all new openings in the Midwest, manuever for the sole rights to sell authentic NASCAR memorabelia in begining in the early 80's, and about that time purchase the rights to print Dale Earnhardt's and Micheal Jordan's signatures on official appearal, made sure politicians like LBJ did not sacrifice our boys in Vietnam and bought a brand new 62 427/4spd Vette. Oh yeah, a little QCOM stock in 1998 may not be a bad idea either....., just make sure you unload it by July 2000.....

One more, do something....anything to make sure Kenyon Martin does not break his leg in the 2000 Conference tourney, because then the Cincinnati Bearcats would have won the 2000 NCAA B-Ball title......

Old 12-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Mike J

Well in 62 I had finished my
Tours of Swiming,Diving,And
Driving Small Boats in Tropical Lands in the China Sea thanks to the US NAVY.
And was A Police Officer in the City of Tustin CA.
Guess I would Put a down payment on one or two of those old run down beach houses in NewPort Beach or
Huntington Harbor that now
sell in the Millions.
Thanks DMan now I will wakeup
at 3AM with a old batch of
"WHAT IFS".

Old 12-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Jeff

Too old, good one. but , 10 years waiting in a lawn chair sounds like what is now known as a trailer park. I would probly head to Key West to think about it and wait for Mel Fisher.

Last edited by Jeff; 12-12-2002 at 12:22 AM.

Old 12-12-2002, 07:20 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Hey D, just think, if you went back 40 yrs you would be back in the good old Delware county, I would meet up with you and kick you ass and take your grand, and when you would ask why I did it I would say because you became a LA Laker Fan!!! You traitor

And the D is for Don';t forget your roots....

EAGLES
SIXERS
PHILS
Old 12-12-2002, 07:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Before I hoped in that thing I would stuff every Wallstreet Journal in there and Make sure I had the winning games for every lotery in Vegas. Once I hit vegas and had a good night with ALL the Perks I would be off to Boston to Buy the Celtics. Then it would be Me Against the D-Man. Mano a Mano CHUMP. Oh ya and this time I would make sure that when I drafted Leni Bias that he DID NOT GO OUT AND PARTY!!!!! Oh and I would also make sure we got Cobie and Shaq!!!! Then I would start a place called Blockbuster

Quick Reply: Time Machine....Go back 40 years....How would you survive???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.