Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!) >

The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!)

Notices

The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!)

Old 12-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Uncle Toys

salesmanship - can you guys put F16 sytle canopies on it? Or maybe one big on like below? Are you going to have one of them at the Miami show?
Attached Thumbnails The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!)-nortech-canopy-cockpit.jpg  

Old 12-12-2002, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UT.. Just in case we still build some pretty nice V bottoms too!
Everybody else has 1/4 canopies and we want to be different. Our stlye gives better visibility along w/ wind protection and the guy in the center of the back seat won't get blown out of the boat. That's our partial canopy 50 in the picture, the problem with that is that you have to eliminate the bubble in the deck and then you don't get a cabin. Yes we will have one at the Miami show. Sorry Catman this one's a sports car.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys I will be proud to sell NorTech they are one beautiful boat, I work part time with the Typhoon Team they are great people to deal with.

www.typhoonmarine.com

Last edited by Shanghied Again; 12-12-2002 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

From what I hear their is one coming to NE Ok at Grand Lake. Anxious to see it.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:33 AM
Uncle Toys

Originally posted by salesmanship
UT.. Just in case we still build some pretty nice V bottoms too!
Everybody else has 1/4 canopies and we want to be different. Our stlye gives better visibility along w/ wind protection and the guy in the center of the back seat won't get blown out of the boat.

That's our partial canopy 50 in the picture, the problem with that is that you have to eliminate the bubble in the deck and then you don't get a cabin. Yes we will have one at the Miami show. Sorry Catman this one's a sports car.
Salesmanship – Sorry, I’m a little confused. Are you talking about the 36’ cat in the first part (where I have divided your quote)? If so, could you elaborate please. I currently have quarter canopies on my 26’ cat and love them. Ride on others boats, get the full wind and spray in the face – and end of loving my canopies even more. Probably just the angle of the pictures above, but I don’t see much difference in your design.

I realize being different is a good thing, especially for a custom builder. But form should still follow function – shouldn’t it?

Don’t take me wrong here, I really got excited by that first picture, the way you split the cabin and the back seat layout. Going to try and trick my wife into spending some time on your boat at the Miami show.

Old 12-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll try and post this picture.
Yes I was talking about the 36. I would compare it to a car's windshield in a covertible. You sit completely behind the glass.
The other boats that have a cabin have a bubble deck and offer only a fairing or wind deflector. If you look closely, the humps on either side of the windshield are pretty much the same shape as a 1/4 canopy. The windshield then bridges the gap creating full protection. Even the mirrors are designed to act as deflectors for the passengers in the outside rear seats. Outside of a full canopy I believe this is the most wind free design on the market.
Love to see you in Miami.
TS
Attached Thumbnails The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!)-36-running.jpg  
Old 12-13-2002, 12:51 PM
Uncle Toys

Wow, that is unique – I like it! Couldn’t see that from the other picture. Also, I really like the engine hatch with he integrated scoops. Looks bad a$$!

Thanks and please keep me updated with any new data that you guys publish.

Old 12-13-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recieved 2 calls today asking if we are a "Nor-Tech dealer" or not "Nor-Tech dealer" based on this thread. I know OSO frowns on plugging business on here.....but here is goes:

YES! We are a PROUD NOR-TECH DEALER!!

Thanks Trond & Terry for the honor!
Old 12-14-2002, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Boys!

That 36 is one sweet boat, I saw it at the Lauderdale show, very nice. Also, Terry is one.. gentlemen.

PS Hey Dave & Frank how are you guys? When are you boys going to the New York Boat show? Maybe we can go to Chelsea Piers after the show. Let me know.....

zzie
Old 12-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOOOOOHHH PLEASE..........Stop it

Quick Reply: The New 36 NorTech Cat (Awesome!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.