Like Tree0Likes

Scott Mccormick leaves VELOCITY !!!

Old 12-16-2002, 09:48 AM
scott mccormick

Cool

This is Scottie himself. I thought I would clear up a few things and end this post on a good note. Although posts like this are entertaining, they are not very positive. Steve Stepp is a very good person at heart and a hell of a friend. I have learned a mass of knowledge from the master of performance himself and feel very blessed to have had the oppertunity to work at the factory. I will miss them all!

I would also like to thank all of the people in the industry for the many phone calls and offers they have presented me with. Word sure does get around fast. I have been working on something BIG for almost a year and will shock the offshore industry soon. Please stay tunned.....

scott

Old 12-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Lightbulb yo Scott

Scott:

Keep us posted on your deal. Let me know if I can help up here in Ga.

Brian Hollis
TalMarine.com
Old 12-17-2002, 11:32 AM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'

Perhaps a turbine powered SleekCraft??
Old 12-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Registered

My Boats: 22 Velocity #700 "Lil Squirt"

i am a go fast man so that has to mean that i love velocity boats for their performance and if and when i get my own boat it will be a velocity however I also run a small marina and used to sell them I had the 32' with red hull sides that was used in advertisements for a while. this boat was purchased through them in used condidtion at little discount ( my rookie mistake) and upon trying to sell the product and not having a whole lot of luck and spending gobs of money on boat shows, I finally sold the 26 footer I had but could not get rid of the 32 I tried talking with the factory to see if I could get them to get the word out to dealers and maybe put it in their ads to help me move this boat after a few talks with the powers that were at that time, including steve I was told pretty much tough luck that I bought the boat as a dealer and that was where they stood as a manufacturer to sell boats to dealers that was it. I am done whining and will end with I still think they are the fastest boats (32' twin 350hp 454 mags 80 MPH radar) but it cost me a whole lot of money and ended with a 25k loss just in the price of the boat. now tell me who woulnd't have paid 65 to 70 k for a clean demo 80 mph 32' boat?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:56 AM
Registered

My Boats: none

Good Luck Scott, hope to see you in Daytona.
TLee