Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3 Farthest Travellers INVITE for Mid-Atlantic OSO Gathering in VA, February, 2003. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39020-3-farthest-travellers-invite-mid-atlantic-oso-gathering-va-february-2003-a.html)

Sydwayz 12-16-2002 10:10 AM

3 Farthest Travellers INVITE for Mid-Atlantic OSO Gathering in VA, February, 2003.

I will personally buy the dinner and drinks of the 3 farthest travelled OSO Members; (including your S/O) coming to the Mid-Atlantic Winter Chill-Out Social, tentatively February 1st, 2003.

So far we have significant interest from people in NJ, DE, MD, VA, DC, NC, and PA. I want more folks to come. I am in the process of interviewing venues as we speak.

I realize some of you lucky folks do not have to winterize, but for those of us who have to, this is a GREAT opportunity to whip out your OSO and manufacturer gear, and B.S. about last and next years seasons when all of our boats are asleep for the winter. Last year we had several racers attend, and that list is growing as well.

Jeffery, BoardGod #2, Sean Stinson, Too Old, Phantom Chaos, Payton, and most importantly, ANYONE AND EVERYONE, are eligible for this opportunity.

The event will be somewhere in the proximity of the Richmond, VA Airport, for planning purposes.

BillR 12-16-2002 11:04 AM

Sounds good to me.
I'll forward to the HRPA folks.

formula31 12-16-2002 11:13 AM

If things work out timewise, I will be there and take you up on the drink offer. Richmonds only an 8 hr drive for me. Add me to your email list. [email protected]

JUSTONCE 12-16-2002 11:17 AM

Thanks for the invite I would be glad to come down please post directions and time when you find out.
Martin.
BTW: damn it formula31 has got me by 25 minutes.:( :D

MnFastBoat 12-16-2002 11:33 AM

Count me in.
This just might be my e-ticket ride
But hten agian I know looking for a job in DC is useless as high as the unemployement is.

Cont me in. Will be leaving mpls on Thursday and arriving Friday morning.
This will give me the oportunity to finish out hte trip that I started after the Chicago Gathering last year.
Never made it to DC. Turned home when I was 60 miles away :(

Time to see some sights.
Just hope I have enough $$ :(

MnFastBoat 12-16-2002 11:36 AM

damn its 16 hours :(
oh well will have plenty of time off
gas should only be about 150 bucks :)
Now motels in DC?? wow who knows how much to expect?

Sydwayz 12-16-2002 11:59 AM

EVERYONE who wants info:

All info initially will be done via email, and details will be posted later. It is too hard to keep track of 4 different forums, and not get duplicates, so EMAIL is the best form of Communication.

Post your EMAIL ADDRESS IN THIS THREAD; so I can gather them easily...

Like this:

[email protected]
or
TrimmedOutHP500 at a o l . c o m (To avoid spamming.)

Sonic30ss 12-16-2002 12:03 PM

Put me on the E-mail list.
If I can pull away from work, I might make it
[email protected]

Sydwayz 12-16-2002 12:56 PM

Too Old,
February 1st, , from 6-9, something like that. See this thread for all of the details:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=40691

Sydwayz 12-16-2002 02:22 PM

Also, I am not doing this for a profit. The cover charge will be for my costs and etc., only. Last year I provided Wings and Appetizers for everyone with the cover charge, and bought some pitchers of beer with the leftover cash. If anything turns out to be left over, it will be donated to a fitting charity.

Cignificant 12-16-2002 06:36 PM

Brian, if you need any location suggestions let me know. Not much around the Richmond airport, but "the slip" in Downtown Richmond is not far, and there's a Hooters in Chester that would be about a 15min drive from the airport.

Steve

Payton 12-16-2002 07:46 PM

We are going to be in Boston that Weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun!!

Brian, you coming this way for Christmas?

Biggus 12-16-2002 07:52 PM

I could be interested in a road trip also!:D feelin' the need to get outta Dodge bad:eek: keep me posted at [email protected]

Kurt

Vyper340 12-16-2002 08:25 PM

I'm game!

eliminator219 12-17-2002 12:46 AM

Like to join in,but..

I would really enjoy meeting you and your group(Secret agent Man??) but I'm already taking a week off to go to the Miami Boat show,But thanks for the invite,hope all have a great time!!
Payton,Damn, wish we could make that Boston trip,my wife and I tqlk about the Sea food from that area often...one of these days!!will you make the Miami show? if so, let us know...
eliminator219

PhantomChaos 12-17-2002 12:49 AM

How far is that (driving time) from Fairfax VA?

Sydwayz 12-17-2002 01:06 AM

Norty, I live in Fairfax, VA. It is probably around 100 miles or so; so give or take about two hours to Richmond. About 45 minutes less to go from Fairfax to Fredericksburg.

MnFastBoat 12-17-2002 03:39 AM

here is my email

[email protected]

Reckless32 12-17-2002 09:13 AM

I'm in...

Elkinsx4 at Cox.Net

BillR 12-17-2002 11:56 AM

In
[email protected]

stretchnout 12-17-2002 04:42 PM

Hey Brian,

Im in, let me know.

[email protected]

Sydwayz 01-02-2003 11:50 AM

Confirmed OSO attendees from MN and PA already.
Too Old you coming? Stinson? Norty? Steve? Jeffrey?
Have folks from FL tentative!!

72 people confirmed as of right now.

eliminator219 01-02-2003 11:44 PM

Trip East

Brian
Pencil me in.. Weather permitting I will be bringing my boat to Ohio around that time to get my B-maxs installed, The chances are very good that I can drop it off and come the rest of the way to your get together, then pick it up on the way back. They said they only need it for a couple of days..
So I look forward to making the trip!!Maybe winter isnt so bad after all, who am I trying to kid?? :D :D

eliminator219

Sydwayz 01-03-2003 09:14 AM

Wes, sounds great. I have you down as tentative.

Audiofn 01-03-2003 10:52 AM

Biggus you bump me out of a free mean I am going to be PISSED :D:D:D

Jon

formula31 01-03-2003 11:28 AM

I think he would bump me off too.

JUSTONCE 01-03-2003 11:38 AM

Is anyone coming through Ohio on thier way ?

MnFastBoat 01-03-2003 12:31 PM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
Is anyone coming through Ohio on thier way ?
Looks like I will be coming accross the top of Ohio
Bringing I-80 across

Not sure if that would help, but there you have it. :)

MnFastBoat 01-03-2003 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Biggus you bump me out of a free mean I am going to be PISSED :D:D:D

Jon

Jon, you coming down????

This trip is gonna cost me 2400 miles :)
1190+ each way. I think I might just be the one to bump you.

:)
:p
:fish:

Sydwayz 01-03-2003 12:42 PM

Hmm, carpooling sounds like the way to go.

Cignificant 01-03-2003 02:04 PM

Jon/Kurt - I sure hope you all make it down. You have a standing invitation to stay at my house if you like. Make a long weekend of it...

This probably goes without saying, but if anyone has any questions about the Richmond area or if there's anything I can do to help out please feel free to get in touch with me. Some of you may be coming in for the weekend so I'd be happy to recommend bars, restaurants, or whatever.

Steve
[email protected]
804-564-5314

Sydwayz 01-12-2003 12:08 PM

bump

wwwTOPDJcom 01-12-2003 12:18 PM

Is everyone Bringing there women?
I wanna go !!! Im getting the you dont know these people bull****, well how the hell am I going too if I stay all couped up
all winter. Anyone have a plan to convince her?
She has meant a few members at the 1000 island run
but none are comming that we meant.
Its only a 400 mile drive too!

MnFastBoat 01-12-2003 02:16 PM

Top, come on down
Hell if I am driving 2500 miles round trip it must be safe :)
I will tell you that I have been online for over 7 years I have met more people from OSO then anyother web based board or chatroom. Even compared to Locally.
We all share the same thing, maybe in different forms of it, but it is all about Boating and meeting people.
When you go out in the boat have you ever met someone you knew nothing about?
That what this is, just on a larger scale to meet more people that enjoy the same things as each other. I am not the most social person, kinda tend to shy away from people until I 'know' them. But meeting people with a common interest is alot easier to 'know' something about them then starting off 'new'.
Come on down, I am sure there will be alot of women there taggin along for both social talk and boating talk.
Hope to see you there.

Sydwayz 01-12-2003 02:26 PM

A lot of folks are coming as couples. Those that are not; may become a couple by the end of the weekend. :D

Gizmo 01-12-2003 07:37 PM

Hey Top,
Bring your lady with you. Most of us include ours in all our boating gatherings. Some of our women are more into boating than others, but they seem to find some common ground to chat about when they get togethe. If she don't have fun, it will be her fault. This years event should be a great time. Last years was a lot of fun.

BryanTuvell 01-12-2003 08:25 PM

I am proud to add that due to a changes in my work schedules we are now coming.
Sounds like a great time, the HRPA is ready to have some fun!

Hey CIGNIFICANT, what time is Sunday brunch and your wifes awesome jello shooters?

Bryan & Nancy Tuvell

wwwTOPDJcom 01-13-2003 01:14 AM

so whats the deal is everyone driving down Friday?
Id have to come back sunday?

Cignificant 01-13-2003 08:54 AM

Mr Turvell, good to hear from you!!

At the hotel rates Brian has gotten I'm seriously thinking about staying at the hotel. Almost the same price as a cab, and MUCH cheaper than a DUI. ;)

We can definitely set up a happy hour Saturday afternoon - maybe in the hotel or a bar somewhere? I'll look into it and make arrangements if people are interested.

TOPDJ - bring the missus. There will be plenty of ladies present.

Shah Mat 01-13-2003 09:11 AM

Cignificant,
A happy hour at the hotel does sound interesting. We are thinking about a room also. Keep us informed.