Notices

Snap-on tools

Old 12-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snap-on tools

Seeing the other thread on Snap-on tools made me think of some things. A couple of guys posted to that thread that they were/are dealers. I have a couple of Snap-on ratchets that need to be repaired. On is a 3/8" that is jammed. Proably has something to do with it getting wet. The other one is also a 3/8" but it's a stubby. On that one, the reversing lever fell off. Can any of you guys help me out?
Old 12-19-2002, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cord flag down the Snap On truck they should have the parts or kits!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:27 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

They will swap your bad part for new or re-conditioned(if they have) with no questions asked. Same with Sears/Craftsman and a few other brands. You know ... like those broken breaker bars that you busted trying to break loose a corroded, seized, rusty ......

G

Last edited by cigarette1; 12-19-2002 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:23 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there must be a Snap-on dealer in the PlayBoy channel.

They had a bunch of Snap-on tools on there last night.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:56 PM
riskybusiness

Lightbulb

Cord: I was a dealer for several years. While I did "procure" a beautiful collection of tools for my personal collection , I did not make it a point to stock repair kits.

I do, however have some close friends nearby who are still in the business, and could probably help you.

Ideally, if you could find a dealer in your area, he'll probably fix it right in front of you free of charge (he should, anyway).

A word of caution: If he likes what he does, and therefore has a clean, well-stocked truck, you could be in for some droolin' over a batch of really nice product and could be faced with some impulse-buying.

That aside, another option with which I am less familiar, Snap On has a pretty thorough website , although I don't know if they sell repair kits (their 3/8 ratchet, BTW, has a gozillion different versions, so you have to get the right kit) . You can expect, if you were to buy the kits, to spend almost $30/kit. I don't know if they have an exchange deal on the web.

Finally, if you're in no hurry, you could send them to me, and I'll probably have them back to you within a couple weeks, if I stay diligent on the task.

I do guarantee I'd return them, it's just busy stuff this time of year, etc. You know....

Email me at [email protected], I'll help you out N/C.

Old 12-20-2002, 07:58 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea my dad actually worked for Snap-on. He worked on the photographs for the catalog. Yea, that big ol book was his doing. Anyways, most of my tools are things that...um...didn't get returned after having their picture taken.

Risky-I'll see if I can chase down a local guy. The problem is that if you're not a professional these guys are pretty well unobtainable.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Cord, don`t be afraid to call him up! Some, if not most of my best customers were hobbyists! I had made MANY housecalls over the years and they were enjoyable for me too because it broke up the monotony ! I`m sure he would be happy to meet you!

I really enjoyed selling tools to Audiofn because he was constantly loosing them ....didn`t have to warranty much with him

Kurt

Last edited by Biggus; 12-20-2002 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

I have chased the trucks down in the past when in need of something....always have been greeted with a smile and well taken care of...
Old 12-20-2002, 09:00 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

I just leave mine with a buddy who has a stereo store and the snap on guy stops there.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:34 AM
riskybusiness

Cord, don`t be afraid to call him up! Some, if not most of my best customers were hobbyists! I had made MANY housecalls over the years and they were enjoyable for me too because it broke up the monotony ! I`m sure he would be happy to meet you!
Cord: Like Biggus said, some of my BEST customers were house stops! If you have any interest in an occasional stop by your local dealer, it would be worth the research.

If you were to call the local Branch office, they'll tell you who your local dealer is, and give you his number

Again, all else fails, I'll help you out.

Quick Reply: Snap-on tools

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.