Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best MI Motor rebuilder . . . >

Best MI Motor rebuilder . . .

Notices

Best MI Motor rebuilder . . .

Old 02-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RIGGS MARINE.BEST IN MIDWEST OR ANYWHERE I HAVE BEEN.
BIG MERC FRANCHISE.BUILT MY 800sc's.150 hours ago no problems.one coil and bunch of oil changes.
remember merc gives you a plastic warrenty card world wide
service network.need I say more.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Bayley

Shhh!!!

Quit giving away my “secret” contact.
Lenny saved me BIG $$$ last year by tracing down a wrongfully diagnosed bad camshaft to two pinched fuel injector wires. He had to pull almost the entire engine apart to find it, but he still found it. $0.05 for a pair of wire crimps verse God knows how much for a new camshaft and accessories.

Had another Michigan Builder originally look at the motor and they made the guess of a cam lobe being worn. Had the boat over there shop for two weeks (original estimate of how ling it would take to swap cams) and nothing was done. Nadda. Zip. Zilch. Took the boat over to Lenny and he had everything fixed and wrapped up in less than two weeks. Also, Lenny was able to give me a rather accurate quote as to what it would take to get the job done. The “other” place goes by the practice of: “We’ll tell you how much it costs when we are done.” Not a problem if you have the cubic dollar, but not very realistic for people on a budget.

I've learned that nothing in this business is cheap. However, it is nice to know of someone who is realistic with their work expectations.

-Bayley

Old 02-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 26scarab
Boy You guys are late (TMAGER,RJ)
Talked to Steve way back about this subject (by email)and refered Lenny.

No Chit.............just saw it pop back up. so I commented again

:-)~
Old 02-11-2003, 02:04 PM
Registered

I've heard others talk of Lenny ...it was good talk....Tyler is also good.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:46 PM
bobby daniels

HEY CALL BLOWN 1500 HE'S GOOD !!

call blown 1500 -----704-574-4020
HE WILL PAY FREIGHT ONEWAY !!

Old 02-11-2003, 08:36 PM
B.R.S.

Thumbs up

Jomar racing in Troy. He did my motors and I love them. He has done offshore and roundy round motors for a long time. Dynos them and sets the carbs up so they are perfect. I pull my plugs in the middle of the season and they are always perfect. He is a machine shop and not a marina so you gotta pull em and put em back yourself. A really good guy who knows what he is doing and doen't try and sell extra stuff you don't need.Jomar-racing.com

Old 07-22-2003, 07:56 PM
Registered

Default old thread, but what the h*ll

I did Tyler's new web site. I am also a boater and racer and can vouch for him in both arenas.
~Rick
w w w . p o c .u s
sites for race teams, go there check it out. see you in st. clair 2003
Old 07-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Registered

I am halfway thru the season with the 502's Lenny built. They have run great and the few little quirts I have had he has bent over backwards to take care of them in a timely manner. My recommendations are still there.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:14 AM
Registered

I would look at JimV, he is on the board and rebuilt 2 454s for me. He and BJ did a great job and were easy to work with. PM him with questions.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best people in the area are:

www.fowlerengines.com

Yes there in Columbus OH.

Makes a lot of specialized parts. You will be shocked on how reasonable his prices are. Everyone I know that I have given his name swears by them. The low cost is a bonus. Super efficient.

He bores and decks with the same set up. Your bore will be within 0.001" of the crank and the deck will be less than 0.001" out perpendicular. Ask the "other" guys what they do.

Absolutely wonderful to deal with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visit his shop once you will not go anywhere else.

Quick Reply: Best MI Motor rebuilder . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.