Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Girlfriend moved out while I was at work (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39323-girlfriend-moved-out-while-i-work.html)

trader1 12-20-2002 06:15 AM

Girlfriend moved out while I was at work

Anyone have any advice? I had no idea this was happening.

OldSchool 12-20-2002 06:20 AM

My advice is HAVE A PARTY:D :D

NASTY HABIT 12-20-2002 06:40 AM

THAT SUCKS DUDE.....at least it was a g/f and not a wife...

Dave M 12-20-2002 06:43 AM

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Audiofn 12-20-2002 06:44 AM

Man that totally sucks. Go out to a strip club, do some female bashing with your friends and try and enjoy it. Seems like it cought you out of the blue so I am sure you are bumming. Take your time and get better before your next relationship. Sorry to hear it man.

Jon

skatermike24 12-20-2002 06:44 AM

I got to agree with Nasty on this one, consider yourself lucky, it will hurt for a while but you'll recover. Go buy something form the boat, take your mind off things;)

Reindl Powerboats 12-20-2002 06:46 AM

Hang out with the buds.

best of luck man!

obnoxus 12-20-2002 06:51 AM

You have till summer to find a worthy one !!!!

And look on the bright side,,, she left BEFORE you gave her the Christmas gifts !!!!!!!!

Cheer up, and good luck with your next g/f that deserves you.

Offshore Addiction 12-20-2002 07:11 AM

probally nothin that a little WOT in the boat cant fix,just be carefull!

Steve 1 12-20-2002 07:23 AM

Hey the ole Italian told me once Woman are like Busses one’s leaving and another is coming down the street.

In all sincerity the right lady helps you forget and get over the last!

Do not even try to figure them out; most females do not know what the hell they want themselves.

Well there you go my experience from three marriages (the boat business is hard on relationships)

RHUMMER 12-20-2002 07:32 AM

Stuff happens, like I tell my son " Go out and kick the chick tree, after they all fall off pick the one you want". Each day unfolds, you have to tough it out and move on.

Good luck

dmhoj 12-20-2002 07:45 AM

Dude it will suck at first, but then when you get your bearings, consider yourself lucky. There is nothing like the taste of new kitty-kat. Like somebody else said before better a girlfriend than a wife, because you won't have to give up half. Head to the nearest Strip club, that will numb the pain for now.

Dredgeking 12-20-2002 07:54 AM

lucky guy. most of us have to have big fights and lots of drama. sounds like you got out easy.

trader1 12-20-2002 07:56 AM

Thank you for all the great advice! This is the best site ever. Its time to get the boat! I am still in the state of shock. I had no idea she was unhappy.

Pure Energy 12-20-2002 08:27 AM

Don't be too quick to blame yourself! She may have been unhappy, but maybe not because of you. I have ended relationships because I was not happy with myself, my job, where I was living, etc, etc. To pick up and leave is wrong, but sometimes people have to do things there own way. Life goes on, and time heals all wounds. It is nice to be able to focus just on yourself sometimes. Good Luck.

Charmed1 12-20-2002 08:43 AM

Sorry to hear especially at Christmas. Hopefully you have some good friends to help you get through the rough times. If not the board is very good company on those sleepless nights. Good luck and Merry Christmas.:)

Risk Taker 12-20-2002 08:43 AM

Originally posted by Dave M
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
Yup.....:D :D :D

CRUBOSS 12-20-2002 08:47 AM

first thing ! check your bank accounts. my ex-wife cleaned mine out then , when i was away she moved out. it all ended up in divorce court. i am still waiting on the ***** to pay me some of the money she stole from me. by court order she has to pay me. but i have not seen a dime. WHAT A TWISTED **** !

Tonto 12-20-2002 08:49 AM

Take all of her Christmas presents back, get the cash, and make plans for the Miami Boat Show! I personally won't be there, but there are enough OSO members that will be there to show you a kick-ass time :D

Robert

MitchStellin 12-20-2002 08:52 AM

If she just up and went than it is better she did it now and not when married or years into a relationship. This is just a sign that she is unstable and not the one for you. Just don't let her back in when she calls. You can talk but in no way cave in. This is what she wants and will then have "hand". This board will get you thru it so use the wisdom of experience.:D And go buy something like blowers for the boat or something else that will occupy your time.:D

THEJOKER 12-20-2002 08:58 AM

hair balls........

No hair balls in the shower , plenty of hot water , never having to wait to go out - ladies night , spring time boating - hey bro you'll be fine - BH

Philip 12-20-2002 09:02 AM

Trader, That Sucks,, It happened to a friend of mine, she came home from work one day, and her Husband moved out while she was working. He told his wife, "it is not that I am unhappy with you, I am just happier with my girl friend" LOL See, it is not that she's unhappy with you.
Don't despair, The girl of your dreams will come your way, It might take a few touch and go's. believe me, I have been there, done that.

Philip:)

ChrisK 12-20-2002 09:06 AM

Trader... the SAME thing happened to me 4 years ago, but SHE TOOK EVERYTHING WITH HER!... Now THATS a surprise!... I knew we where having a little issue, but that came out of the blue. I found out through the grape vine that she was sleeping with her boss!... Hows them apples... But, I can say that my life has been ALOT better because of it!

Oh yeah.. one other thing... she was fired less than a year later! :D

Philip 12-20-2002 09:09 AM

GRUBOSS

A little bitter are we???? Same thing happened to me, never saw it, emptied out 3 accounts, and quite a good amount of cash that was in the house. The bank Accts were finally given back to me, but when I asked for the cash, the reply was, "What Cash? I didn't take any" :)

Philip;)

jb 12-20-2002 09:17 AM

ouch...it must be for the better. Better now than in the future. Call the friends, spend some time with them. the board here will always be with you

Advantage_Rob 12-20-2002 09:22 AM

My advice, count your blessings, and change the locks before she changes her mind and come back.

ChrisK 12-20-2002 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Tonto
Take all of her Christmas presents back, get the cash, and make plans for the Miami Boat Show
Robert

YEAH! GREAT IDEA!....Come on down and we will show you what REAL women look like.... can you say south beach? :D

JUSTONCE 12-20-2002 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree with not looking the gifthorse in the mouth. You know if you find someone else you'll miss the freedom. The grass is allways greener. try to enjoy the free time.
ITS PARTY TIME

Ron P 12-20-2002 09:30 AM

So you got an early Christmas present!!!

Live, learn and love another. Take it as a blessing.

Allan4 12-20-2002 09:32 AM

Originally posted by 105mph_38_2003
Women are like shoes my man:they need to be changed every so often....If it makes you feel better here is a qoute I told an ex when I was in a similar situation. I said"So this is your way of telling me I can have sex with a new girl":rolleyes: :D . I called her friend Gretchen to "hang out" and my girl was home in 2 hours. Then a month later I booted her so make the best of it bro because it only gets better.....
Now that's COOL!!!!!!:D :D

Take it like a man and stick to your guns, nobody likes dealing with this stuff, down right painful, but you are in good company, because we all go thru it at one time or another. Good luck, girls like her are a dime a dozen.......

liquidlocomotive 12-20-2002 09:42 AM

Post all of your nude photos of her on this site. That would be good revenge.

Sydwayz 12-20-2002 09:59 AM

Umm, if she is gone and out with no ties; you are LUCKY! Make plans for the Mid Atlantic OSO Winter Chill-Out; AND make plans to head for Miami in February. See this thread:

http://offshoreonly.com/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1

seanclong 12-20-2002 10:13 AM

I wish I could relate. I had the opposite problem.

My girlfriend moved IN when I was at work!!!! :p

Good luck!!! :D

CRUBOSS 12-20-2002 10:16 AM

WATCH YOUR MONEY....GIRLS LOVE TO TAKE ANYTHING THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH..

BURNSMAZZ 12-20-2002 10:54 AM

As Homer Simpson would say "THAT CAN BE CURED BY OUR GOOD FRIEND ALCOHOL" :p

Mark in So. MD 12-20-2002 11:04 AM

My girlfriend moved IN when I was at work!!!!
Sean,

now thats funny :D !!!! but I'm sure it was a nice surprise

seanclong 12-20-2002 11:33 AM

Originally posted by Mark in So. MD
Sean,

now thats funny :D !!!! but I'm sure it was a nice surprise

We're married now with two ankle biters. :D

cuda 12-20-2002 12:06 PM

Go find her best freind, and lay the wood to her!:p

While you're at it, check to see if any of your buddies are suddenly MIA.:mad:

Intolerant1 12-20-2002 12:19 PM

Are you sure you didnt bury her in the basement ? A post like this on OSO could be a pretty good cover when she is reported missing ;)

BARRY1784 12-20-2002 01:50 PM

Get your boat ready for summer. By then you will be ready to have some fun!! I know this because it hapened to me. Last summer was the best ever. All I can say is NEXT!! Here is your chance to improve on what you had At least you didn't have to help her get her s**t out>