Like Tree0Likes

Trent Lott

Old 12-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: 23 wellcraft nova

We can all think what we want, but our words need to be carefully chosen. I too am a registered Republican, but the man had to go. He stepped on his plonker big time and now has to pay the price. When you live in the public domain you are fair game. I am sure he will have enough to eat in his retirement.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Slippery when wet!

Bucky agreed but this “Double Standard” is bull****.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

I believe Lott was wrong when he made the statements he made at Thurmond's party. I also believe people should forgive him for what he has said, although I strongly believe he should have stepped down from the leadership position for the better of the country. He has finally stepped down, but I don't think he should quit altogether either.

Now that Lott has stepped down, the libs and the dems need to stop the hacking, but I don't think that will happen as I just saw Senator Hillary Clinton on the news saying something like:

"If you think this is all over with don't kid yourself........"

I just cannot believe some of these people! There are things I want to say here, but I am going to bite my lip and hold my peace. This kind of stuff just makes me so angry!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: 95 Formula 336, HP500's

Did anyone watch the BET interview with Lott? He came out and admitted he made a mistake and now realizes it and will change. Then they brought up his voting past. He voted every issue down that would advance civil rights and racial equality that he ever had a chance to vote down. As the interviewer brought up several of these votes, like affirmative action, the MLK holiday, he said that each time he voted down a "black" issue, it was a mistake. How stupid does he think America is? If you vote on similar issues the exact same way every time you have the chance, it's not a mistake, it's who you are. The guy's got a really racist voting history, so why doesn't he just say what he is? He represents himself and his consitituents and the Republican party in general. They are against helping the working class and/or poor and all for big business and people who think a $600 check is real tax reform. I'm not saying that's the worst thing ever, but facts is facts. For them to now be appalled at Lott's stance is a joke. They just realize that it might work against them in another election. They are doing exactly what a lot of republicans on this board always accuse the democrats of - trying to cater and cowtow to every group to scrounge votes. Why are they doing the same thing? They're probably in danger of losing more of the racist vote and their core constituency than they are of gaining any black support. Lott should just come out and say "sorry folks, but that's who I am and I don't count on your vote anyway."
Old 12-20-2002, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

These Bastards have a lot of room to talk: Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Movement

A little known fact of history involves the heavy opposition to the civil rights movement by several prominent Democrats. Similar historical neglect is given to the important role Republicans played in supporting the civil rights movement. A calculation of 26 major civil rights votes from 1933 through the 1960's civil rights era shows that Republicans favored civil rights in approximately 96% of the votes, whereas the Democrats opposed them in 80% of the votes!

These facts are often intentionally overlooked by the left wing Democrats for obvious reasons. In some cases, the Democrats have told flat out lies about their shameful record during the civil rights movement.

Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known liberal Democrat standard bearers including:

- Robert Byrd, current senator from West Virginia
- J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator and political mentor of Bill Clinton
- Albert Gore Sr., Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore. Gore Jr. has been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
- Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame
- Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro Tempore

The complete list of the 21 Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 includes Senators:
- Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
- Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas
- Holland and Smathers of Florida
- Russell and Talmadge of Georgia
- Ellender and Long of Louisiana
- Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi
- Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
- Johnston and Thurmond of South Carolina
- Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
- H. Byrd and Robertson of Virginia
- R. Byrd of West Virginia
Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to literally split the party in two. A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED AGAINST the Civil Rights Act, while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it. Republican support in the Senate
Old 12-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It was Republican Dirksen, not the divided Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican President Eisenhower.

Outside of Congress, the three most notorious opponents of school integration were all Democrats:
- Orval Faubus, Democrat Governor of Arkansas and one of Bill Clinton's political heroes
- George Wallace, Democrat Governor of Alabama
- Lester Maddox, Democrat Governor of Georgia

The most famous of the school desegregation standoffs involved Governor Faubus. Democrat Faubus used police and state forces to block the integration of a high school in Little Rock, Arkansas. The standoff was settled and the school was integrated only after the intervention of Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The very next time Democrats take to the national airwaves to dishonestly accuse Republicans of racial hatred, remember who the historical record up until this very day points to as the real bigots:

The Democrat Party. In all possible ways, the Democrat Party is built around the pillars of ultra leftists, many of whom are known participants in racism and/or affiliates of racist hate groups. Consider the Democrat Party of today's heroes and leaders:

- Ex-House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, former affiliate of a St. Louis area racist group

- Ex-Senate President Pro Tempore Robert Byrd, former Ku Klux Klansman known for making bigoted slurs on national television

- Rev. Jesse Jackson, Democrat keynote speaker and race hustler known for making anti-Semitic slurs

- Rev. Al Sharpten, Democrat activist and perennial candidate and race hustler known inciting anti-Semitic violence in New York City

- Sen. Ernest Hollings, leading Democrat Senator known for use of racial slurs against several minority groups

- Lee P. Brown, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat mayor of Houston who won reelection using racial intimidation against Hispanic voters

- Andrew Cuomo, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat candidate for NY Governor who made racist statements about a black opponent.

- Dan Rather, Democrat CBS news anchor and editorialist known for using anti-black racial epithets on a national radio broadcast

- Donna Brazile, former Gore campaign manager known for making anti-white racial attacks. Brazile has also worked for Jackson, Gephardt, and Michael Dukakis

The simple truth is that the Democrat Party's history during this century is one closely aligned to bigotry in a record stemming largely out of the liberal New Deal era up until the modern day. Bigots are at the center of the Democrat party's current leadership and role models.

And in a striking display of hypocrisy, many of the same Democrats who dishonestly shout accusations of "bigotry" at conservatives are practicing bigots of the most disgusting and disreputable kind themselves.
Old 12-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by SABER28
playn , see newsweek for a complete list of trent's no-no's
Saber & Cat,

I've never taken the time to scrutinize Lott's voting record because what's a "good or bad" record would depend on your philosophy. The liberals would paint anyone that votes against Affirmitive Action as a racist. Well, I'm as far away from being a racist as you can ge and am TOTALLY against any "Affirmitive Action" because it is by definition racist and disriminatory. I believe that it is a crutch and sends the totally wrong message to the groups it pretends to help by telling them that they don't have the drive, talent, or ability to succeed on their own. The policy does away with hard work for entitlement.

I certainly don't expect any liberal to agree with my positions, however the people of Mississippi certainly had the right and oportunity to NOT elect him into office. And he certainly has the right to honor a man on his 100th birthday party.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill272
If you vote on similar issues the exact same way every time you have the chance, it's not a mistake, it's who you are. The guy's got a really racist voting history, so why doesn't he just say what he is? He represents himself and his consitituents and the Republican party in general. Lott should just come out and say "sorry folks, but that's who I am and I don't count on your vote anyway."
Bill272, If Lott's past voting record is true as you say, I would certainly have to agree with you! You are absolutely right and I truely mean that. It's a sad thing to see this kind of stuff in a person---I don't understand it, but then I know it's not a perfect world. I know there are people who have a hard time understanding why I believe in the things I believe in. It's also sad to see some people crying "FOUL" on national TV when it comes to the issue of racism when they need to look in the mirror themselves. Every man likes to be treated fairly. However, I am sure you would agree that scrutenization (spelling?) applies for both sides of the fence as well. Every man should be in pursuit of the truth, but it first has to start within himself.

Mark/KAAMA

Last edited by KAAMA; 12-20-2002 at 09:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 saber 28

playn,

one of the things that lott did in the past was to keep out minorities in his fraternity. philosophy????? sorry thats just wrong.