Notices

Pulse-Drive Sales Staff

Old 01-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OPA has no restrictions on drive types in their P class rules niether does APBA. Its based on a speed bracket of less than 70mph.

We would love to see a pulse drive again at the races. I never could understand why you don't get more performace boat customers.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:24 AM
PULSEDRIVE

I would like to pursue this opportunity further call me in my office @ 954 788 0810.

As for not seeing more performance boat with Pulse Drives, it amazes me how most people just except they have to repair or replace their out drives on a regular basis. We ran two seasons of SBI A class with the same drive other than inspections, we never touched it.
We have commercial applications at 20,000 hours without any maintenance at all. No that’s not a typo I did say 20,000

Tony

Old 01-03-2003, 09:02 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Tony, I remember that little A boat with the Harry Shoel (sp?) hull. It never looked like it was going very fast but it won every race and never broke.

With all the advantages of surface drives I like you wonder why more people don't use them on performance boats.

How much is a pair of your drives and do they need seperate trannys or is it built in like a bravo drive?
Old 01-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pulsedrive Tranny

Ron,

Here's a shot of the transmission used with the Pulsedrive. It mounts inside the transom.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails Pulse-Drive Sales Staff-belltrangas.jpg  
Old 01-03-2003, 09:25 AM
PULSEDRIVE

Pulse Drive list Package Prices

Twin engines up to 650HP including Drives, props and trans Approx $23,000
Twin engines up to 800HP including Drives, props and trans Approx $31,000 (includes tranny upgrade by Huber Marine)
we also make singles, triple and quad drives

5 year drive warranty

www.pulsedrive.net

Last edited by PULSEDRIVE; 01-03-2003 at 09:28 AM.

Old 01-04-2003, 09:22 AM
PULSEDRIVE

this is the A3 Fraid Not, it hasn't been raced since winning 1999 SBI A Class
Attached Thumbnails Pulse-Drive Sales Staff-pulsedrive-race-boat.jpg  

Old 01-04-2003, 06:26 PM
Registered

Hi Ron,

Just finished converting my Cig Cafe Racer to Pulse. Have pictures, but have not had time to post them (we finished a week ago but have been having too much fun with the boat since!). Ya know, new years, rum, women, etc.

Your question about why more people don't use them... I think it is a couple of things. One is that people tend to not want to change from what everyone else is doing. Most racing classes are restricted to "the black things" so no one can run anything else. I had to think long and hard before making my decision. Now that I have, I can't understand why anyone would continue to stay with outdrives. One ride in a Pulse drive boat and it will change you forever. Take a close, hard look at the drive. The beauty and poerty is in its simplicty! There will be a Pulse demo boat at the Miami show. Go for a ride. You'll be ordering a unit for yourself.

I have been amused since converting watching the Tech Q&A section of the site. Things are not the same anymore for me. I used to read and study all the articles about external steering, drive showers, leaking seals, what drive with what HP, etc. Now, I just pass over them. All of these things are in the past. My mechanic even has mixed feelings. He really likes the drive, but makes a lot of money servicing and repairing outdrives. He knows that because of me, the outdrive here in the VI and PR is going to slowly become extinct.

Just do it! You'll wonder why you waited!

Mongo
Old 01-04-2003, 09:13 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I guess everyone has taken of drink from the Mercury Cool Aid for too long. I loved the simplicity of the surface drive since Howard Arneson raced one on his big cat in Point Pleasant many years ago.

Since they are undeniably superior to black drives with their 2 90 degree direction changes, why aren't these offered as standard equipment on some boats? Must be a warrenty thing I guess? I mean lack of dealers nationally. Who would want to be a dealer if they don't break?
Old 01-04-2003, 09:24 PM
Registered

Hey Ron,

Actually, they are offered by ActiveThunder, MidnightExpress, and a few others.

Yeah, the koolaid. No more for me! True, once you install one, you don't have to keep fixing it.

Pulse has considered a maintaince kit. I'm sure it will be released at the Miami show. Now, this is secret stuff, but I believe it consist's of a hat, some sun screen, and a beer!

Mongo
Old 01-07-2003, 12:04 PM
Mike J

imongo: I noticed your from the
Virgin Islands and you have done
a install of a surface drive unit.
Have you ever seen the 46ft Scarab
that is/was on the BVI Island of
Tortola The PUSSERS Yellow Boat.
It was Chuck Norris's X Race boat
and I was involved in the ReRigg
of the Boat for th owners of Pussers.
I would like to chat with you.
Regards Mike J.

Quick Reply: Pulse-Drive Sales Staff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.