Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tie Wraps, next best thing to duct tape >

Tie Wraps, next best thing to duct tape

Notices

Tie Wraps, next best thing to duct tape

Old 12-25-2002, 11:34 AM
Allan4

If you have ever rigged a boat or done any extensive car work, zippy ties are your best freind. Literally 1000's of uses for them, I use them for all sorts of stuff, but anything wiring is definitly zippy tie territory.

Good vice grips story. A few years ago we were camping and I decided to do a little 4 wheeling in my truck. Truck developed a miss in the motor, so I was checking out ign components, and my buddy went to put the dist cap back on and sheared off 1 of the 2 screws to hold the cap to the dist. (crappy design, 94 chevy 350. 2 tiny screws that are threaded in, not spring loaded) So I had a tool box withme and I found a little pair of vice grips, held cap onto distibutor great. Welll.......I forgot about it.......

About 2 years later I send my truck into the garage for some work (work truck by then, so I would tell the mechanic to fix anything that was broke that he came accross, becuase the truck produced too much $$ to not run 100% day in and day out) and he calls me and says "whats with the rusty vicegrips on the dist cap???!!!???!!!...." HAHAHAHA........still worked though