Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   GreenField Ohio (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/39693-greenfield-ohio.html)

MnFastBoat 12-28-2002 03:04 AM

thanks guys
not sure about any of this
just there was an opening and i would rather question the surroundings with people in the know before starting out apps internally and pissing off more people then I already have here.
Can I be bold to ask what you guys think the average median income level should be? I do not know at this time what thier pay scale is, but may soon find out.

Luvnit, how large of a building was the one you worked on? Curious as to the size of plant.
Allan4, I am far from what I consider serious stuff, however some of my running buddies consider me the lead dog at times :)

chrker 12-28-2002 03:28 AM

Originally posted by MnFastBoat
Can I be bold to ask what you guys think the average median income level should be?
A lot of good information is posted here for you to review. Flyinbrian posted some good data --> HERE <--

For example, the answer to your last question.

-Chris

MnFastBoat 12-28-2002 07:54 AM

wow $25620 is the median income level????

Maybe I do not want to know what they pay the people there.

I have not made that amount since I was 18 years old :(

Luv-N-It 12-28-2002 09:36 AM

Originally posted by MnFastBoat
thanks guys not sure about any of this

Luvnit, how large of a building was the one you worked on? Curious as to the size of plant.

Was not that big. At least big to me (I would consider 500,000 sq.ft. large to us). I'll say 75,000 sq.ft.???? may be less or more. Its been 4yrs. ago. If it was large, I would have remembered. But the size I think it is could be large for you in your type of work. If you want to know the exact size, I can dig some info. up at work. Sorry, I'm at home now. Let me know. Good luck in your endeavors.:)

Luv-N-It 12-28-2002 09:51 AM

let me add another thing...boat storage in the rural area towns...got to love it. it's cheap! heck, i have 4 buddies i boat with-now storing their boat out where i live. guess city storage can be expensive. anyway, i remember you saying about storage for your boat...you will be surprised how cheap some farmer will let you rent some space he is not using for his equipment. get this, i pay $50 for indoor storage, concrete floor, insulated facility, well lighted pole barn, with plenty of room to tinker on my boat, as well as detail it when i want!!!! have a work bench, outlets and so on.

wish he would install and air conditioner, i would pay an extra $10 a month for that:p

HyperBaja 12-28-2002 10:09 AM

Originally posted by JUST ONCE
either he's got a really fast baja that needs more than 10miles to top out or he's got a really slow baja that takes more than ten miles to top out.:D

Woah, hes just like me!!!
I could have taken that eliminator if I had more than the few miles....

Waterfoul 12-28-2002 10:54 AM

ACtually, he runs a 28 Advantage Sport Cat with twin 502's. Even I have driven it at 80 mph. He can get more than that out of it. And it doesn't need 10 miles to get there!! LOL!!!

Hugh, if you move there, it would give me an excuse to go to Cumeberland with you some time!!

rbtnt 12-28-2002 12:18 PM

If you want to boat where it takes more than 5 minutes to see the whole lake, you will want to boat on the Ohio River, Lake Cumberland or Lake Erie.

MnFastBoat 12-28-2002 02:11 PM

Thanks Luv in it
That place is SMALL
Our department alone is over 285,000 sq feet now. :)
But by hte size of the town our building here would BE the town :)
Don't worry about digging up more info at work, was just curious for hte info at easy reach.
Mike, sounds great to me but I am just getting info and 'thinking'
maybe a new change could help me and staying within the company will defiantly help with all that I have put into it in hte last 13 years.
Give me a mile and it wil be at 80 :)
give me more $$$ to get more out of it :)
hummm then again in 3 months we will be having 4 new machines. I still wonder if I will be here that long :( sometimes, well most times I still am very frustrated in the way they treated me and I get the 'urge' just to say^ and walk out. It will be real hard for me after the first because all that has kept me there the last 3 nights is the fact I get 4 weeks vacation after Jan 1 :)
Come next wed, I just might have to find new reason to stick it out.
That reason might be in 3 months the extra overtime possible. 8 weeks can earn enough for a pair of Whipples :)

Reindl Powerboats 12-28-2002 03:06 PM

Originally posted by Allan4
I'm in Cincy. You will be about 1 hour from the river in Cincy. Columbus and Cincy are about 100 miles apart, I drive it quite often. Our High Perf boating scene here is pretty sweet. You will have to bring some serious stuff to be a top dog, but plenty of us medium dogs around as well!!!! Cumberland is about 4 hours from Cincy. Good Luck, both Columbus and Cincy are great cities. Seeya.
Agreed.