Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up GreenField Ohio

Anyone know about this town>??
Looking at an interveiw here.
Looking for some info?
SIze of town?
Cost of living?
Anything boatable nearby? Large enough for a 28' that runs over 80mph. or is my boat to big for Ohio?

How far to a major metro area? Columbus I think is the closest.

Let me know if it would be worth the 9 hour drive from Mpls
Old 12-27-2002, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is NO respectable water in central ohio. You need to go to the Ohio River, Lake Erie, or one of the really nice laked in Kentucky. I am in columbus and have been boating here for MANY years. It does not take long before you know every inch of shoreline too well (bored).
Old 12-27-2002, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally posted by BajaSquirt
There is NO respectable water in central ohio. You need to go to the Ohio River, Lake Erie, or one of the really nice laked in Kentucky. I am in columbus and have been boating here for MANY years. It does not take long before you know every inch of shoreline too well (bored).
Wow! What do you expect when you boat in small inland lakes? Man, I have a great time at several area lakes in Ohio. Alum Creek, Ceaser Creek, Indian Lake, Buckeye Lake...

Hey MNFastboat. Greenfield is a small country town... that is a town where everyone knows everyone. Not far from larger towns that would have everything you would need. Greenfield between Cincy and Columbus. Ceaser Creek may be close to you (somebody help me out here). Its a decent place for 80 MPH boats. There are some really fast boats there...120++ MPH range. Some of the fast river boys from Cincy come there to play. There is a shoot-out there too. Nothing officially organized but quite the competition! I say you might be 45 min. to Cincy for the river and its excellent there. Lot of nice powerboats there. Great time on the river with restaurants, as well as, other activites throughout the year on the water!

I'll guess and say 3 hrs??? to Lake Cumberland for ya from Greenfield. I know I can be on the water, at the State Dock from Columbus in Cumberland in 4.5 hrs. I know there are places closer of a drive, I can save an hour, for me to get to Cumberland, but I prefer to go to the State Dock.

Where are you interviewing at in Greenfield? Any other questions ask. Hope this helps. Maybe some of you Cincy boys can chime in too.

Mike

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 12-27-2002 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-27-2002, 08:47 AM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks guys
I was goign to look to see what the lake was that looked close to Greenfeild. It looked long and narrow
We have a sister plant there that has a job posting. Name of the Company is Banta. I am not sure if they have anything the same for comarision to my current history.
Thought about checking it out for $$ and living conditions.
Not sure if the boat is in my future of being able to own but if it I would like to at least have a place to run it.
If the 3 hour drive is to a real nice place, Kinda like Kansas City is to LOTO I would even entertain the idea of storing at the lake or find a covered wagon for it.
Thanks and keep the info coming.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Registered

Ha Ha. Its a small world. I work for a structural steel fabricator and we did the steel construction of Banta in Greenfield.

Yes Cumberland is like LOTO. NICE WATER, PARTY COVE, AND SO ON.

You can run that boat without a problem on the river. I know you can be there within an hour. The cost of living has to be lower in Greenfield compared to city life (land has to cost less).

Find the name of the lake close to Greenfield and I'll give some info. for you. I hope its not Ross Lake. Its a fish lake and way small. I wonder if its Ceaser Creek. Kinda narrow there, but long with lot of room to run WOT! Nice boats there.

Don't know what is up with Bajasquirt's comments about respectable water. There is a lot of boating that goes on locally.
Old 12-27-2002, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I live just outside Cinci. I make the run to Erie a couple times a month....Well worth the tow !!! Closed than Cumberland also
The rivers OK...lots going on down there.....
If you need any help let me know.....
Old 12-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Registered

either he's got a really fast baja that needs more than 10miles to top out or he's got a really slow baja that takes more than ten miles to top out.

I guess if you were on the inland lakes every day it would prolly get pretty lame. You need to come up to lake erie once in a while.

Its amazing how many good lookin girls Ohio produces. God knows if you've been in lake Erie you'd know its not something in the water.
Attached Images  
Old 12-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered

My wife has family in Greenfield and I have been there many times (did a little boating too). It is a laid back beautiful little town (2000 census = 4,906 population) right smack in the middle of Cincinnati and Columbus. Cincinnati and Columbus are about an hour to an hour and a half drive as is Dayton (you know - Birthplace of Aviation, Project Blue Book, yada…yada…yada).

The lake you are speaking of is probably Paint Creek . It is not a very large lake (1,200 acres) but the good news is horsepower is unlimited. Another lake close by is Rocky Fork (2,080 acres) and again unlimited horsepower is allowed.

Jobs are not that plentiful in GF and a lot of people who live there (if you are not retired) work in Hillsboro (H.B.), Chillicothe (Chilli) or Washington Courthouse (W.C.). However, the price of land is very reasonable (my brother-in-law just bought about 10 acres at a price I thought was pretty cheap).

Good Luck,
-Chris

Last edited by chrker; 12-27-2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-28-2002, 12:16 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

CLICK HERE for a good comparison of demographics between Greenfield and the National average.

I did a search on www.realtor.com in Greenfield just to see what houses are going for. It looks like land and homes are priced very affordable compared to the bigger cities in Ohio.

Come to Ohio. It's not all that bad.
You can hit Lake Erie or Lake Cumberland on the long weekends and hit an inland lake or the river any day.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2002, 12:23 AM
Allan4

I'm in Cincy. You will be about 1 hour from the river in Cincy. Columbus and Cincy are about 100 miles apart, I drive it quite often. Our High Perf boating scene here is pretty sweet. You will have to bring some serious stuff to be a top dog, but plenty of us medium dogs around as well!!!! Cumberland is about 4 hours from Cincy. Good Luck, both Columbus and Cincy are great cities. Seeya.

Quick Reply: GreenField Ohio

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.