Notices

Key West Races

Old 12-29-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb yo Bruce.....

Hey what's happening? I'll never take anything away from the Dirty Cash guy's - class act! It was pretty rough in Texas and Savannah when we raced them. Have you ever seen that big ass motor in the Super Boat? That is one fast ass boat and those guys are seasoned veterans. We passed them once in KW and were right on their ass the entire race. They could definitely out turn us - no way I was going to turn the Cigarette hard and tight. As the race progressed I was trimming up and taking all tab out - it would of been very close if they would have not broken. As far as the Joker I still can't say what's up and I'll be able to tell you guys by Wednesday. It's looking like a P-4 boat though. Keep in touch - Brian

PS - who is the RLW guy? I saw his post about fishing - nice!
Old 12-29-2002, 05:09 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

So true BJ. hopefully #3 will be better. The Factory classes are the most fun to watch, I just got my 2002 season from Freeze Frame, but they do get the "short end" of the camera lense when it comes to coverage so far. We'll see what happens next week!!!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:51 AM
Smittymarine

Brian, glad to hear you may be running with us in the NE. Looks like a big turn out next year. Hey Bruce, how bout dose Giants!!!!!

Old 12-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smitty...

those Giants really pulled one out of their butts...

But they aint gonna make it if they keep droppin the ball..

regards
Old 12-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Zero Cavity is the P4 World and National Champions. We hope to have his boat converted and running in the One Design Next year. I think the prize money we gave out at the end of the year interested him to say the least - for if he would have done what he did in my class, he would have walked away with over $18,000.
Chris Reindl
Old 12-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

The coverage was better earlyer in the year when they showed more racing.I know we all want to be seen but its not possable to show 40 differant boats in a 1 hour show and try to make it exciting.SBI coverage is the same way and very boring to watch evan as a racer.SHOW A RACE.Why dont they get it.
APBA needs to establish which classes are the most competitive with the most boats and tell everyone up front they are the only classes that will be telivised.No more than 4 classes
Randy
Sorry if I have pissed some of you off with this idea but its the way it has to be.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:57 PM
BJM
Registered

I agree with you Candy. The begining of the year was much better than the last few shows. Coverage should be F1 and F2 and supercat and what ever other class that happens to have a good race that weekend. Showing a bunch of boats will make those teams happy that they got T.V. coverage but that does nothing towards attracting a television crowd.
Watching Bacardi silver or outerlimits run is Boring. Those boats are awesome but you lose interest real fast when there is no one to race against. Especially in flat water!
Just my .02. I'm sure not everyone agrees.
Old 12-30-2002, 01:02 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

The flat water coverage looks like slow boats running on an unlimited course. There needs to be coverage of the boats on the rougher legs of the course, then it would look like the crew actually had skills.

G
Old 12-30-2002, 02:25 PM
Registered

BJ,

I agree with you. Half way through the show I went to Home Depot to get stuff for the house. Not to say others who wern't there did not enjoy the show or those who were there and not in the boats didn't dig it. The photography could have been ramped up several notches. There was action on the course. The excitment is boats flying out of the water, deck to deck finishes and some good trash talking in the pits. "Team Typhonn rules the Seas" Now thats some some serious trash.

The next show may be better. Some of the footage was in the preview show. I would imagine the year end wrap up should be very good.

Jim
Old 12-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Mike J

Did anyone notice that in the
race with the Bat-Boat that the
Christie Photo Boat had lost the
Stbd. Side BOTTOM of their boat.
I think BOB was running to stay
aflote.
Mike J.

Quick Reply: Key West Races

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.