Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So, where exactly is Lake Cumberland??? >

So, where exactly is Lake Cumberland???

Notices

So, where exactly is Lake Cumberland???

Old 12-28-2002, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I live just south of Indy and it takes me 4 1/2 hours to get to Jamestown. I have made the trip several times and I think the best way is 65 to E'town to 61 or maybe 210 now. Just my .02 and it is worth every minute of the drive.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Doug and Betty, owners of a 35' Cigarette called "Pure Adrenaline" do a lot of boating down there at Cumberland. I told them that I'd like to visit Cumberland as I have never been there either. They are going to acompany me down there sometime next season. I want to try and get around to other places as I really enjoy all the new scenery.

I also want to get up to Traverse City and Higgins Lake which is by Traverse City. Lake Havasu and even LOTO sometime and back over to St. Claire Shores. It's good to break up the manotany (spelling?) of the same'ol places when possible.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

boatfreak28,

You are right on with your directions. This is how I was going to route Waterfoul once he gets into KY.

Lets make this thing big!

Be Safe,
Mark
Old 12-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is well worth the trip if you havn't been there!
www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 12-28-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Gordo, I might be up for a Road Trip!! Let's see if we can get the whole group to go!! I've see pictures of the Falls and it looks awsome!! Is there a poker run there??

Someone set up a OSO gathering and I see if I can make it!!!

Where would be the best area to stay?
Old 12-28-2002, 03:36 PM
Registered

Brad & Gordo,
We might be up for joining the caravan out of KC. I was planning on buying a trailer this spring to get out some more. Doing it for the poker run weekend would be cool.
Old 12-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

FunHome,

Yes there is a Poker Run here. It is the weekend after Labor Day. Will be Sept. 5th & 6th this year. Put on by midamericanboating.com. Draws people from all over the country. Approx. 200 + boats last Sept. Check their website for pics & info.

As far as places to stay there are several to choose from. Tell me what you are looking for & I can point you in the right direction. The lake is not grown up and comercialized like LOTO though.

Should not be a problem to set up some sort of OSO get together. Have not ever been to one so I am lost as to what that normally would entail.

Be Safe,
Mark
Old 12-29-2002, 12:28 AM
Registered

This would be real cool! I have a place on Wolf Creek where I keep my boat I put in and out but there are plenty of places to stay with slip rental,camping,cabins or hotels close by. Jamestown Marina is popular and at the good end of the lake eaiser to get than some of the other marinas. Conely bottom is a nice marina but 30 miles up lake from Jamestown wich is 15 miles from the dam. Renting house boats could be a good option a place to walk around cook and stuff I know some people might want to sleep on their boat tied up along side. You could check out Somerset Ky Jamestown KY Monticello Ky or Burnside KY as the citys around the lake. Marinas would be Burnside, Lee's Ford, Conley Bottom, Jamestown, State Dock, Alligator1 and 2(Indian Hills), Beaver Creek, and Grider Hill.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:17 AM
Registered

Hey Foul,
Keep me up to date on your plans! My brother-in-law just moved to KY and bought a brand new huge house. He lives in Northern KY somewhere (He just moved yesterday so I don't know where exactly yet but he owes me one after loading up a huge truck with all his crap to move)
He est. about 2 hours from his house to the lake.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Registered

Waterfoul, It took me 12 hous with stops and that is from Detroit and stoping for gas and a Dew to keep me up!!! at Grinder Hill Dock where we all met up??? left at 6.00pm pulled in at 6.00am..it was a great time.

Quick Reply: So, where exactly is Lake Cumberland???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.