Notices

Spring Break at Havasu

Old 12-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Break at Havasu

I am planning a trip to Lake Havasu in the third week of March. I am pulling down my scarab and was wanting some good tips on where to stay, waterfront wise, and hopefully right in the mix of things.
I have never been there before because I am at LOTO every weekend (in the summer!!!). It seems like it would be a blast so after talking about it for two years, some friends and I are finally going. I am even getting a truck to pull it there and some other places this coming summer.
If there will be anyone from OSO there around the 16-20th let me know.
I appreciate any input and suggestions! As I am sure they will lead to many goods things

Thanks
Old 12-29-2002, 05:57 PM
envision

Been there myself over Spring Break about three years ago during what I think must have been a cold spell. It was about 60 degrees but there was still a few boaters and cushion ornaments wearing bikinis.

Stopped by there last April and it was about a hundred degrees and much more crowded.

I stayed in Phoenix and drove out there so I can't recommend anywhere to stay.

Have fun!

Old 12-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Justin!!! The place to stay is the hotel that is right by the London bridge. I can't remember the name of it but, it's the one that Hot BOat stays at during their performance reports.

I know someone on here has to know the one I'm talking about!!

It's cool looking, people just pull their boats up on the sand out front and walk up to the hotel thats right there!!
Old 12-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Registered

yip, london bridge resort is in the middle of things, i personally like the nautical inn, it's just around the corner. i've been there several times for spring break and it's not real busy like it is on major holidays, when you can't even get thru the channel to your hotel room, so the bridge should be good.

HOWEVER, if we don't get some snow in these rockies, there won't even be any water front property in havasu, that colorado river (creek) is mighty DRY!

Last edited by dean campbell; 12-29-2002 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

I was talking about Havasu temps yesterday with somebody. It changes about 10 degrees a month with it maxing out at 120 during July.......so that would make June 110, May 100, April 90, March 80.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Registered

oh yeah...........the London Bridge Resort is right next to the bridge and Kokomos and has docks, but the beach one is the Nautical and I forget if they have docks, but I think they do now.

The London Bridge Resort is actually a timeshare, but they also rent rooms (they have kitchens). If you have RCI timeshare or whatever kind of timeshares, you get a killer deal.....if not, you get screwed.

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 12-29-2002 at 07:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

Thanks for your input guys. I will check into the Nautical and see what they've got. So hope fully there won't be a dry spell and then there willl be more people out? Is that the idea?

Also, I have really got to get my ass ingear with these winter projects otherwise I am not going anywhere.

If anyone knows ofanythings special going on around that time let me know.
Hey Brad, how much do i owe you know!
Old 12-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Default Havasu

London Bridge Resort is right next to the bridge. Very convenient and they have docks. In fact, the docks are being rebuilt. Unless the policy has change, the docks are only reserved after 6pm. So during the day it is first come first serve. After 6pm you have to have a tag on your boat to dock.

Queens Bay is right next door to the London Bridge Resort. It isn't as convenient but they have really nice rooms. Both of these places are timeshares, but as Nort said, they do rent rooms that aren't being used.

The Nautical is right on the water and is in the process of renovating their rooms and building new ones. Part of the Nautical is now timeshare. But you can still rent rooms too. You can't beat the Nautical! It is the perfect place to stay. Most of the rooms are within 50' of the water and sandy beach. Their prices are kinda high as no one else has any rooms right on the water. But if you go before May 1st, you will get cheaper rates. Summer season starts May 1st.

Here is a listing of most of the hotels in Lake Havasu

Havasu Hotels This link will get you to a search request. Select Lodging and hit the go button. You will then see the listing.

If you have any other questions, just give me a call
602-318-5785