Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002 >

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Notices

Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Old 12-31-2002, 01:28 PM
Intolerant1

Default Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

With all the "I did a stupid thing" threads lately and New Years resolution right around the corner, I thought this would be a good time to confess your 2002 boating sins. Ill start:

After winterizing the boat this fall, I trailered it about 15 miles to our farm. When I went to unhooked the trailer, the hitch was not latched! Just sitting there on the ball...could have popped off at any time. 99% of stop and double check everything at the stop sign at the end of my street. Not this time because as you may have quessed, I was in a hurry. Thank god for too much tomgue weight!

My New Years resolution: Dont be in a hurry!

Old 12-31-2002, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I towed about 2miles this summer before we stopped to fuel up and I saw that I didn't clamp down the reciever thank god for tongue weight. But the worst by far is when I backed my boat into my driveway and forgot my dad parked his car where I park the boat at his house. My scag and prop put a tatoo on the tailgate of his van.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:39 PM
Registered

Dooop

Ok,
After enjoying lunch with a fellow board memmber and two boats full of people I was pulling out of a slip........dooough boy. We swung around the piling. I guess that was the spring line about ten inches away from my hand. Between the laughing and shanahnagins going on the only line that was missed was mine
Old 12-31-2002, 01:39 PM
Banned

I was swapping trailers with the boat (got a new one) and forgot to put the plug in. Thank goodness it fit right on the new trailer without adjustment. I thought the boat was quite heavy when pulling it out.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

In celebration of my first day back on the water in May I was drinking rum and cokes all day. I trailored the boat and duma$$ I was I tried driving home. Park police pulled me over after putting boat back on the trailor and long story short - got a DWI. Got a free night stay in the Manassas, VA jail.

Get my driver's license back June 19, 2003.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

..I bought another one...

..had the Harley ordered and everything!!

Happy New Year!!

Marty
Old 12-31-2002, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is most embarassing but......
Unloaded our boat early one morning for a great spin around the lake and then some relaxing cove time.
Wind comes up to it's Western Ks. normal of 30+ mph around late morning. Put boat on trailer to head into town for supplies, etc.
Get back that evening and find perfect no wind conditions with a FABULOUS sunset coming up! Great! Throw the boat into the water.....won't start.....SH*T!!!! Try everything, won't even turn over. CRAP!!!!!!
I am madder than H*ll because i missed the cruise and the wife was feeling lucky
Get home, find shift lever in forward exaactly where I left it to push boat up on trailer while loading that morning. Put in neutral and VIOLA!!! instant start. What a DUMB A$$.
Old 12-31-2002, 02:01 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

I was at the LOTO Shootout and had been enjoying Summer Brews all day long and I was going to help tie up the boat at The Salty Dog because for some reason Tanned Fat needed help and I just walked right off the back of the boat into the water. I was soaked so Gordo let me use his truck to go back to the motel to change but I did not want to get his seats wet so I stripped right there in the parking lot.....Have another Summer Brew Cowgirl. HA! Good times!!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 02:11 PM
Registered

surprisingly I didn't do anything stupid or shamefull this year

but there was alot of stupid things.... but not on the boat
Old 12-31-2002, 02:13 PM
riskybusiness

Launched the boat, idled out into Newport (RI) Harbor, outboard (V4 Evinrude 115HP) pumping water no problem.

Up onto plane, overheat horn starts blaring---look back, motor still pumping water OK, no visible problem---damn alarm horn won't quit!

Reach under console, disconnect alarm horn (all esle fails, just disconnect the annoying warning system, right?). Tell tale still pumping, cyl heads not blazing hot, should be OK......

Going faster now, balls to the wall wide open, pumping water fine.

Haul the boat at the end of the ride, friggin' ear-muffs hose hookup was still on the lower unit!

DOH!

Quick Reply: Stupidest Boat related thing you did in 2002

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.